Oct 2009 - Present
CSU Sacramento - The Well
·Refereed Basketball, Volleyball, Flag Football, Soccer, and dodgeball
·Managed games so they ran smoothly and participants enjoyed themselves
·Corrected player behavior in incidents of conflict
Jan 2011 - Jun 2011
- Part of a team that managed the operations for both the Bar and Café
- Responsibilities as on-site manager included: opening, closing, managed employees, customer service, and responsible for cashier and all transactions.
- Took part in hosting and maintaining the cultural and social traditions of the 350 year old Nation.
- Bar Host responsibilities also included bartending during the week and on club nights during Friday night. Club nights usually had 350 plus customers at one time.
Jun 2007 - Oct 2007
- Went through Extensive Training in Customer relations, company product, and how to run and maintain a customer’s data base.
- Responsible for setting up my own appointments by either getting referrals or cold calling new potential customers.
- Give in-home demonstrations on merchandise.
- Achieved two promotions in the short period I was there.
- Part of a 30-person office that was number one in sales for the summer session in the entire country.
Jun 2006 - Jun 2007
- Went through Extensive Computer training in the following areas: Obtaining credit card referrals, customer relations, operating a Cash register, lawn and garden equipment, sports equipment, and hardware equipment.
- Aided customers in finding the correct product that suited their personal and financial needs.
- Stocked, Moved, and Set up various work out equipment, machines, tools, display models, lawn mowers, and storage cabinets.
Jun 2004 - Jun 2005
- Dealt Texas Hold’em Poker and Standard Blackjack.
- Multi-Tasked on a daily basis. Ran and maintained card tables, catered to customer requests, and made pay outs.
- Advance customer service skills were necessary to deal with upset and sometimes intoxicated customers that were aggravated after losing large amounts of money.
- On many occasions had to work 12+ hour shifts throughout the night.
- When employment was low, volunteered to work 6 days a weeks for 2 months straight
Member of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
- Attended 2009 National Conference in San Diego, California
- Topics covered in seminars: Chapter Development, Crisis Management, International PR, Entertainment PR, and Corporate vs. Agency,
- Attended 2010 Western Regional Conference in San Jose, California
- 1st place in conference case study competition.
- Attended 2011 National Conference in Orlando, Florida
Member of American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Attended meetings with guest speakers covering a variety of topics
- Inbound Marketing by Steven Bloom (GoTime Marketing)
Studied abroad at Uppsala University in Sweden for 1 year
- Studies International Communications
- Traveled to and experienced the cultures of 10 different countries in Europe
- Sweden, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, England, Netherlands, Austria, Czech Republic, and Finland.
- Skills and qualifications gained from studying and traveling abroad:
- Independence, cultural sensitivity and awareness, self-confidence, and Reliance
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is full of ambiguity and constant change.
- Ability to act in a diplomatic way and build lasting relations
- Have respect for different nationalities, cultures, and religions.
- Ability to create goals and complete them
Member of Epsilon Phi – A chapter of Lambda Pi Eta Communications honors’ Society
Graduated and transferred with Honors from Santa Rosa Junior College