Working for an Insurance broker, on development of a Commercial Insurance aggregator. Lead business analyst with various Project Management responsibilities within the Projects team.
Key Projects worked on include:
- System Rating Strategy
- Feasibility Studies and Cost Benefit Analyses on potential rating engine improvement/replacement strategy for the short to middle term. Facilitating workshop and holding discussions with external suppliers and internal key stake holders to elicit key information. Findings were presented to the executive strategy board.
- The key recommendation, active quote (see next point) was adopted as the strategy to be adopted. Other recommendations are currently sitting in the development pipeline for implementation when resource is available.
- Active Quote (System add-on enabling post quote rate manipulation)
- Defining requirements for initial offering, running workshops with key stake holders with in the business.
- Working with software developers to devise a suitable functional specification acceptable to the business.
- Defining and rolling out a business process procedure with effective checks and balances to satisfy compliance standards. Including managing initial process issues and adjusting the procedure to suit real world scenarios.
- System Architecture
- Researching and creating functional specifications and current state analysis on all existing system components. Responsibilities for individual components shared amongst a team.
- Co-ordination of the other BA's, project planning and progress/issue reporting to the Management team.
- IMarket Property Owners Schema definition
- Defining the message definition of multiple messages that are used to transact property owners business using IMarket messaging standards.
- Meetings and Workshops held with IMarket Suppliers, Internal Stakeholders and IT suppliers.
- Full Data message specifications and requirements document for system requirements needed to enable IMarket bespoke messaging.