- Traveled alone through Nepal for 2 months, spending 2 weeks studying Buddhist Meditation in Kopan Monastery, followed by a month-long trek on foot from the foothills of the Himalayas to the First Base Camp of Mount Everest.
- Learned the value of seeing life through many perspectives, cultures and life situations by sharing stories and celebrating festivals in the homes of local friends met throughout my journeys.
South America 2008
- Backpacked with a partner for 3 months through Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Uruguay.
- Developed an appreciation and passion for the people, cultures, the history of South America and learning through life experience.
- Highlights included trekking to Machu Picchu and throughout the Colca Canyon, camping in the Amazon Jungle of Bolivia, biking through the Atacoma Desert in Chile and surfing on the Beaches of Argentina.
- Spent 1 semester of high school studying in France, learning the language, experiencing the culture and learning the value of learning through experience.