Senior Technology Coordinator
Managed the operation of end-user support for 225+ users, including overseeing the daily schedule of two technology coordinators. Named to the Senior Technology Coordinators Advisory Group that resolves firm-wide technology issues, improves communications, and works to improve the delivery of local services.
Network Infrastructure Support
- Setup and maintain all network hardware and sotware: Servers), server rack/server closet, server room climate control, router, hubs, switches, wiring rack, wiring/cabling, fax services, copiers, printers, scanners, tape backup drives, UPS systems, secondary application servers, WAN connectivity equipment.
- Document, track and troubleshoot any network hardware failures.
- Maintain network documentation: cabling diagrams, settings, procedures, etc.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance events with those affected.
- Evaluate and upgrade hardware as needed.
- Maintain and monitor tape backup system per firm policy.
End User Support/Helpdesk
- Process and manage end user requests for assistance.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot all IT related issues (hardware/sotware/training) and resolve or escalate as necessary.
- Document sotware/hardware issues and resolve with interest paid to recurring problems and potential causes as well as indicators of larger pending issues.
- Setup, manage and troubleshoot all telecommunications equipment: Voicemail/telco server/system, unified messaging system, handsets, wiring rack/panel, UPS, backup system.
- Setup and manage telephone extensions for all employees.
- Train end users on use of phone system, voice mail and unified messaging.
- Backup all phone programming.
- Maintain documentation and layout for all telco equipment.
- Maintain general awareness of current technology and its potential application to the firm, regions, and ofices as applies to improving eficiency or reducing overhead.
- Assess and analyze methods for improving overall efficiency of department/office/firm or increasing functionality of existing hardware and sotware through innovative use or improved training.
- Hardware: Acquisition, allocation, set up/deploy, and upgrade/maintain all ofice PC based hardware: PCs, monitors, portable printers, portable scanners, digital cameras, projectors, flash memory readers, USB memory keys.
- Sotware: Evaluation, acquisition and installation of all sotware. Assist in sotware and/or data conversion. Retention and maintenance of obsolete sotware where client data may still need to be accessed.
- Training and orientation: Develop, maintain, and distribute training materials regarding basic care, maintenance, and use of hardware. Develop policies relating to: travel and storage/security, sotware usage, data retention/backup, and security/risk assessment. Perform new user orientation.
- Install, configure, and synchronize personal handheld devices to interface with firm e-mail/scheduling sotware.
- Manage user accounts.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and sotware. Maintain inventory/map of all network hardware locations and all network/telco cable locations.
- Ensure that all end user data is being backed up to proper location per firm policy and that electronic ile retention policies are being followed.
- Manage consumable IT supplies.