Full P&L responsibility for this vertically integrated $490M, 1,100 employee, aircraft engine, sub-system and component remanufacturing, repair and overhaul business. Direct reports to this position were Sales, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Product Line Operations (4), Safety, Quality Assurance and 6 Sigma. Promoted into this role to improve operating/financial performance and customer service.
- Improved operating income performance by 28% despite the impact of 9/11 on the aerospace markets through aggressive census management, labor cost productivity, material cost productivity and performance improvements on high margin products.
- Executed a lean strategy that reduced turnaround time (cycle time) for component repair by 45%, and engine repair and overhaul by 30% while generating over 8% annual labor cost productivity.
- Personally heightened the business' customer relationship management profile though frequent customer feedback visits, executive level strategic growth and alignment discussions and negotiations with several major airline customers.
- Introduced Sales, Inventory and Operations planning concepts to better align demand, labor capacity and inventory. Improved cash performance by 120%
- Leveraged technology and six sigma tools to launch a repair and overhaul work scoping technique that generated over $2M in first year material cost productivity for power-by-the-hour engine maintenance.
- Improvements resulted in a "Site of the Year" award from the VP/GM of Honeywell's Global Aviation Aftermarket business.