I am the owner of HonestConversation.com. We provide a full menu of Internet marketing and ecommerce solutions for small and medium sized organizations. I create web presences from scratch or from existing web presences, integrate them into social networks, and use white-hat search engine optimization and web analytics to drive value into the organization. I build HTML5/CSS3 site platforms. I am an SEOMoz Pro user, a SEMPO member, a Google Analytics Premium user, and am happy to build on any content management system. Prior to my web marketing career, my marketing and sales experience gave me a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of customer creation, service, loyalty and the internal workings of a profit and loss statement, marketing communications, and product development. My previous political experience gave me the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of creating customers, social networking, word of mouth marketing and sales and how customers support, dispute, or ignore a particular product or service.
Aug 2002 - Present
- Wrote and executed marketing plans for small and medium sized businesses.
- Built online e-commerce store for reseller of finished goods.
- Built more than two dozen stand alone websites, fully optimized for search, integrated with social media, and tied back toward delivering positive net value to the organization.
- Conducted Google AdWords and Pay Per Click campaigns.
- Created and wrote copywriting for marketing collateral.
- Branded products and supervised logo design and launch, selecting targets and parameters for creative processes.
- Designed, printed, and published marketing collateral of various sizes, targets, and impacts.
- Established and managed customer relationship management database.
- Worked with media to distribute message for maximum impact on target audience.
- Helped launch a new dental drill into marketplace.
- Conducted market research and analysis for new and existing products, including forecasting and predicting future events.
I have done this work for numerous small and medium sized clients since attending business school in 2002.
Jul 2009 - Oct 2010
Head of Sales and Marketing
Startup company providing solutions to the Home Area Network for building of the Smart Grid in the United States.
Apr 2009 - Jul 2009
- Work with property owners, certified public accountants, and architects to capture tax deductions for energy efficient buildings and to lower taxes via cost segregation.
- Prepare marketing collateral and give presentations to prospective stakeholders via web conference and in person.
Jun 2007 - Aug 2008
National Distribution Sales Manager
- Managed accounts with The Home Depot, Lowe’s, and other distributors, responsible for all aspects of accounts, generating $10-15 million in sales annually.
- Developed, managed, and customized financial models that support the Company’s value propositions for targeted market segments and customer profile.
- Focused on continuous improvement of account, leading team to remake outer carton changes, doubling inventory turnover and cutting 4% of the cost of goods sold.
- Reduced high signage costs at The Home Depot, redesigned from posters to labels, extending usage life of materials from 3 to 18 months.
- Improved logistics system by working with transportation team, executing a fulfillment rate of 99.12% and on-time delivery of goods by 95%.
- Upgraded point of purchase marketing materials, deploying sales aids in over 200 retail locations, keeping marketing costs at zero.
Jul 2006 - Jun 2007
- Organized product knowledge conference, bringing field representatives and Home Depot vendors together to drive sales and execute planogram integrity.
- Reengineered point of purchase marketing system across three departments, improving transparency and accountability for vendors and field reps, increasing savings to vendors of 20%.
- Worked with outside technology vendors to improve internal operations of ISS vendor, saving time and money internally, refocusing resources toward field implementation.
- Managed special project POP processes, working with vendors and sourcing companies, executing rollouts of 460 Home Depot stores at 97.9%.
Jun 1997 - Jul 2002
- Managed a number of legislative initiatives for my boss, including the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Act of 2000.
- Staff member following issues in the House Committee on Government Reform.
- Learned the fundamentals of creating customers, social networking, word of mouth marketing and sales and how customers support, dispute, or ignore a particular product or service.
- Served for one year as a Systems Administrator (1998) and one year as a Staff Assistant (1997).
2002 - 2004
Member of the Class of 2004 of the Peter F. Drucker School of Management at Claremont Graduate University.
Double concentration in Marketing and Strategy. Coursework included the fundamentals of business, such as:
- Quantitative Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Business Strategy
- Organizational Behavior and Development
Advanced coursework in following courses:
- Market Strategy
- Market Research
- New Product Development
- Leadership in the 21st Century
Worked with outside organization through practicum course to conduct market research and product launch of a dental drill.
Elected member of the Student Council responsible for operating a small logowear store.