Technical Lead - Systems Integration Virtualization and Provisioning Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Technology Team Lead and SME on new Agile based team to develop Microsoft Deployment Toolkit services for next generation patch deployment and new image deployment for both virtual and bare-metal systems. (WIN-T)
- Delivered extensive PowerShell based scripting system to deploy application delivery services using Citrix XENServer and Citrix Receiver on a VMware Virtual infrastructure.
- Updated automatic image finalization tasks from vbscript to PowerShell.
- Implemented PowerShell scripting and custom cmdlets to support new deployment strategies.
- Managing Nested Installations of vSphere 6, and ESXi 6
- Developed and executed initial migration strategy (vSphere/ESXi 5.1 to 6.0).
- Manage Development vSphere / Windows environment
- Introduced GIT to development team
- Lead Engineer in multi-group integration efforts. (VMware, Windows, Linux, Deployment, Security)
- Implementing IT Automation Services
- Developed PowerShell based GUI wrapper to support legacy Perl scripting as interim solution.
- Mentored and supported new staff and student interns.
- Conducted investigation / trade study to understand differences between Hyper-V and vSphere
- Conducted initial testing of vSphere 6.0, and ESXi 6 upgrades.