Manager, Talent Management
The Home Depot
Responsible for ensuring the effective execution of talent management processes for selecting, developing, and retaining a high-performing, diverse workforce of 1100+ associates across 7 stores in the Rochester area.
- Improved the efficiency, accuracy, and consistency of the staffing process and ensured the acquisition of the best talent, as well as compliance with applicable laws, by developing and delivering a training program for store leaders regarding workforce planning, recruiting and selecting talent, and structured interview assessments.
- Managed district talent review process and selection/promotion events, and provided supervisors with guidance on associate development plans; resulted in 5 manager promotions over 8 months.
- Managed the performance review process; coached store leaders on writing and conducting effective performance reviews and tracking associate progress on developmental action plans.
- Educated store leaders on best practices for retaining good talent, and assisted in developing retention plans.
- Conducted regular store visits to maintain positive associate relations.