Manage all aspects of business operations — strategic planning; P&L; branding; sales and distribution; product management; human resources; budgeting and financial reporting; contract negotiation and vendor relations; content licensing; legal affairs — and hold decision-making authority for all aspects of the creative vision and direction of the company. Partner with the CEO, Chairman of the Board and owners of the company in the US and Germany in high-level corporate strategies and initiatives. Lead a core team of 20 (including 9 key professionals in the Production and Creative Services Department) and direct the activities and workflows of 8 internal departments — Art & Creative; Production; Sales; Royalties; Inventory; Warehouse/Distribution; HR; and Legal. Originate and oversee the execution of go-to-market and positioning strategies, and mentor and motivate the sales force.
Function as Creative/Art Director for all product/key art and Executive Producer for Delta-produced video programs. As the executive in charge of creative services and production was responsible for department operations and budget management; staffing and team leadership; projects and workflow management, art direction; graphic design; master planning and scheduling; product development and management; job costing; onshore and offshore manufacturing; branding and marketing; vendor sourcing, contract negotiations and relationships; internal and external customer service — for a portfolio of 2,700+ products/SKUs and all related campaigns, catalogs, packaging, and merchandising and marketing collaterals. Recruited, trained, mentored and managed teams of up to 9 in creative, production and support roles.Management & Leadership Successes
- Developed and executed enterprise-level strategies, business initiatives and deals having significant positive impact on corporate image/reputation, culture, growth, operational performance, cash flow and the Balance Sheet.
- Built and continue to lead a high-performance creative team — Art Director, Production Coordinator, Music Coordinator, DVD Author/Editor, Video Program Producer, and 4 designers. Achieved zero attrition with the Creative Services Department while 7 key people from other areas of the company resigned within one year.
- Targeted, secured and managed mission-critical relationships with industry-leading vendors (Sony DADC, Shorewood Packaging, Harry Fox Agency) and world-class distributors and retailers — Wal-Mart, B.J.'s, Sam’s Club, Costco, Best Buy, Anderson Merchandisers.
- Reduced manufacturing costs for CD & DVDs by 47% through the success of strategic sourcing, aggressive negotiations and effective relationship building among US-based print and replication vendors.
- Decreased product turn-times by 75%, reduced inventory levels, improved quality and enhanced customer satisfaction — while holding costs at offshore (Korea) prices — by bringing manufacturing back to the US.
- Replaced chaos with order in the Production Department by creating first-time formal (“project flow”) systems, processes and quality controls within every area/group involved in product release — art, mastering, royalties, etc.
- Generated $200,000 in annual cost savings while restoring creativity, increasing productivity, improving quality, eliminating turn-time problems and enhancing customer satisfaction by in-sourcing the DVD authoring function Recommended and gained buy-in from CEO investing in complete DVD authoring system — delivered 100% ROI (including annual salary for author/editor) within 4 months.
- Improved decision making by creating formal budgets and margin review tools/processes for all new products — single-page “dashboards” accounting for price point configurations, packaging options, licensing fees, royalties, etc.