I have made a career out of helping others and I thrive on empowering students through education. I embrace technology and all forms of new media and I continually seek out ways to improve existing methods. I have implemented and managed social media strategies, improved department marketing efforts, and continue to develop multimedia content for educational platforms. I also have extensive experience with event planning, public speaking, career advising, lesson planning and teaching.
Jul 2012 - Present
Business Career Consultant
- Creates multimedia content for W.P. Carey Business Career Center’s undergraduate online career preparation initiative. - Currently developing Delta Sigma Pi’s peer career advising initiative. - Co-teaches WPC 302 Honors Professional Development course for the Fall 2012 semester. - Coaches students and alumni with B.A. concentrations in finance and economics in career development strategies. - Manages and develops employer relations in the fields of legal studies and sustainability.
Nov 2010 - Jul 2012
• 100% student and graduate satisfaction rates in areas of advisor knowledge, customer service and active listening for individual career advising sessions.
• Over 90% student satisfaction rating on all career services presentation evaluation forms on a variety of career related topics.
• Career development instruction including mock interviews, videos, lectures, guest speakers, career events, employer tours, career seminars and contests.
• Launched and maintains department marketing and social media strategies.
• Revised and updated all department PowerPoint presentations and created new presentations relevant to department needs.
Sep 2009 - Nov 2010
• Served as a behavioral health technician in a CPS office, managed a case load of 15 or more.
• Referred clients and families to both state and non-profit seminars, support groups, employment resources and therapeutic agencies.
• Developed and managed pilot program of "Engagement Station" by researching engaging games for targeted demographics, organizing game donation drive, and implementing tracking system for employees.
Jan 2009 - May 2009
Film Production Assistant Intern
Chandler Educational Television
Assisted with floor directing for television show, "Parents FYI" by operating camera, following director instructions and cueing talent.Assisted in filming, video and photo editing, lapel microphone set up, crane operation, lighting, set design and creation.