San José State University
February 2010 current
- Manage marketing and communications department, including the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of employees.
- With input from the Dean, create new marketing plan for the entire IES division, with specific direction to individual programs and department heads.
- Establish and maintain business and community contacts; leverage relationships to meet departmental internal and external relations goals.
- Develop budgetary guidelines, accountability standards, and implement marketing calendar.
- Facilitate effective relationships with SJSU departments; collaborate with SJSU public relations to disseminate relevant and mutually beneficial news items, stories, and other placements.
- Respond to immediate and pressing publicity matters as they arise, and delegate responsibilities to staff as each situation indicates.