Over seeing Management Staff: Cape Town and Johannesburg
(Logistics, Administration, Office Management, Accounting, Marketing, PR, Food & Beverage)
- Daily communication with Logistics / General Manager
- Checking up on how the jobs are going, feed-back on customer service
- Courtesy calls to Clients
- Checking on / keeping an eye on vehicles and equipment, ensuring it’s all in order
- Spot checks on off-loading and loading at HQ’s
- Ensuring jobs are being budgeted correctly and spending is in budget
- Keeping tabs on overall job costings and profits, finding root cause to job loss and creating solutions / problem solving
- Communication with Logistics Management on any rates or menu changes and issues and creating solutions / problem solving
- Ensuring sales & profits are all in order
- Ensuring equipment spend is all in order
Administration, Office Management, Executive PA
- Set meetings and appointments
- Remind Directors to add meetings to schedule
- Assist with travel, booking flights, vehicles and accommodation for Director and other staff
- Capturing of admin / paperwork
- Daily communication with Office Managers
- Checking up on how the processes are being carried out
- Spot checks on all capturing duties
- Ensuring all office administrative duties are up to standard on a weekly basis
- Finding ways to improve administrative procedures
- Training staff to company’s high standards
- Ensuring the business is compliant regarding Business license, insurances, public liability, security, fire and gas, HR and health & safety
- Ensuring office equipment, stationary, internet / telephone are all in order
- Running with and managing: staff contracts, staff employment & dismissal procedures are all carried correctly and are in order
- General office admin, ordering stationary, organizing files, creating very organised systems.
- Manage office supplies: Stationery, Internet, Telephone, Cameras & Security
- Update supplier list on dropbox with emergency contacts (plumber, CCTV, Fridge, Labour, Hospitals, etc)
- Assisting Logistics and Stock Managers with getting quotes for Kitchen, Equipment, Vehicle fleets and Miscellaneous quotes
- Keep coffee station stocked and clean
- Answering the phone, sorting out any problems, or delegating to the correct department.
- Meetings: Boardroom teas & coffees
- Responsible for making all payments, transfers, VAT submissions for SARS, Clients, Suppliers and Office.
- Captured payments onto dropbox
- Ensuring payments are made correctly and signed off
- Ensuring client statements are being sent out and owed money is being chased up. (includes debt management)
- Carrying out eft, supplier and staff payments
- Dealing with Payroll
- Ensuring that all sales & expenses are captured correctly and in order
- Ensuring all taxes are paid on time and are in order
- Dealing with companies Chartered accountants
- Ensure company’s Accountant is up to date and checked correctly regarding Management accounts, Age analysis, Monthly reconciliations and annual Audit Packs
- Dealing directly with Business Banker with regards to payments, loans, vehicle finance, over drafts, investments and general account work
- Ensuring company is running in a profit if not coming up with solutions to remedy
Duties for Staff: New staff, Staff Wages and Payroll
- Capturing staff wages daily
- Capturing new staff details onto Dropbox, loading new staff members onto wages sheet,get deductions from Logistics Manager, Liaise all to payroll.
- Assisting with filing CV’s, Liaising with forensic company for check on new and existing staff members
- Working closely with stock manager and branch manager with budgeting and capturing staff wages and expenses.
- Attended and prepped CCMA cases - Conciliations and Arbitrations
Data Capturing and Research
- Daily capturing of 10 bank account EFT slips and MAKRO:
- Create job expenses per job.
- Capture all supplier invoices on excel recons
- Updated vat cycle daily with daily payments and debit orders monthly
- Requested monthly statements from suppliers
- Downloading bank statements, filing and analysing
- Receive final job check sheets from Logistics Manager and ensured all details were filled in and ready for invoicing.
- Scan and save onto dropbox for Managing Director
- Complete invoice and send to client
- Follow up on payments
- Liaise with clients about any queries and death with issues.
- Link between Director and Clients
- Resolving issues
- Finding cheaper methods to enhance profits
- Finding improvements to current systems
- Keeping an eye on theft and creating systems to prevent it
- Running with new business projects
- Keeping over heads low and finding cost effective ways of saving money
- Dealing with Labour Dept, Debt, Health and Safety and Industrial Relations
- Dealing with clients and suppliers
Quoting and Invoicing
Some of the changes I have implemented at Shesha:
- Introduced a project management system for all managers to stay up to date in real time with all shoots daily across Cape and Johannesburg.
- Introduced a payroll / staff details system to ensure all paperwork is legal, accurate and up to date
- Introduced retainers with specialised legal/labour firms to assist and solve ongoing issues in different divisions i.e Industrial Relations, Health and Safety and Dispute Lawyers for clients.
- Introduced a (mostly) paperless system for the company.
REASON FOR LEAVING
Company is restructuring.