Passionate, dedicated educator seeking a position teaching mathematics.
Highlights of Qualifications
An experienced mathematics teacher with secondary certification in mathematics in New York and pending certification in North Carolina. Taught at both public and private Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence.
Experience working with students from Elementary through High School. This experience has allowed me to develop the ability to engage students of different ages and to differentiate instruction to best meet each student’s needs and best prepare them to advance to higher-level course work.
- Davie, Florida - elementary through high school including a visually impaired student
- Rochester, New York - high school
Long Term Substitute Positions
- Canandaigua Academy - January 1995 to April 1995
- Nazareth Academy - Fall 1995
- Gates-Chili High School - January 1993 to June 1993
Teacher at Huntington Learning Center
- Mathematics and Reading K - Adult
Jul 2007 - Present
- July 2007 to present
- Kindergarten through third grade
- Work with small groups on mathematics or literacy
KITs - Kids Into Thinking
- Guide a group of children through activities involving higher level thinking
- July 2010 to present
- Work with small groups as assigned by the teacher three times per week
- Reinforce concepts learned in the classroom for those needing remediation
- Expand on learning for those who were ready for enrichment
2003 - Present
Third grade Faith Formation teacher
- St. Francis of Assisi
- September 2010 to present
Vacation Bible School
- St Francis of Assisi
- June 2010
- March 2002 - Present
- Primary responsibility for raising two beautiful girls, now 6 and 9, and maintaining residence
1998 - 2002
Middle School Mathematics Teacher
University School of Nova Southeastern University is an independent, college preparatory school that educates students in grades prekindergarten through twelfth grade. The school provides a challenging and personalized education within a supportive environment for students of average to gifted abilities.
Students are prepared for productive lives and leadership roles through a program that focuses on academic excellence, extracurricular participation, and service to others.
University School finds the best in each and every student by going beyond traditional approaches to education. And, bringing out the best in students means bringing in the best resources/teachers.
My responsibilities at University School included:
- Seventh Grade mathematics teacher
- Advised Builder’s Club, a middle school Kiwanis service club
- Mentored college students who interacted with my students during Clinical Observation
- Coached seventh grade Math Team
1995 - 1998
High School Mathematics Teacher
- Created lessons incorporating Outcome Based Instruction ideals
- Team taught class with Special Education teacher
- Trained in using CORD project based math strategies
- Advised Class of 1999
- Assistant coach Math League team