Scrapbooking, Reading, Kayaking, Hiking and Travelling.
To obtain and grow in a position within the education sector, preferably in a teaching and student development related role, dedicated to learner motivation and growth using new-age teaching strategies
- Experience in Instruction and Facilitation
- Management and Event planning experience
- Positive energetic attitude, enjoy working in team environments
- Highly motivated, tremendous problem solving skills and fast learner with new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing events
- Proficiency with many technologies including Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and SharePoint Designer
References available upon request
April 2010 Kagan Cooperative Learning
- This workshop is situated around class and team building activities, which set up your class to work in cooperative learning teams.There are four principles that they use to gage whether an activity is cooperative or just teamwork; the 4 principles are Positive Interdependence, Individual Accountability, Equal Participation and Simultaneous Interaction.
February 2010 Social Play in Inclusive Child Care Settings
- A course designed to expand the quality and quantity of opportunities for inclusion in child care and other early year plans, recreation, education and other community settings to young children with special needs and their families.
January 2010 Readwell training
- A formal training workshop on Readwell K, Readwell 1 and Readwell 2.This is program utilized in KʼakʼotʼlatsʼI school.This reading program begins with letters and letter sounds and works thru till the end of grade 2.Once completed learners will be reading at a competent level and more importantly comprehensive rending and fluently reading.
November 2009 Working together Effectively
- Collaborative work is key to success in a teaching environment.This workshop provided concepts and strategies for teachers and teaching assistants to build trust, respect, and good working relationships.
March 2009Assessment Summit: Ahead of the Curve
- The most distinguished assessment experts in North America illustrate why the fundamental purpose of assessment is not to rate, rank, and sort students but rather to provide meaningful feedback that leads to improved performance.
February 2009 Set BC training for Fusion & Clicker 5
- Fusion is a portable word processor that SET BCloans to students with output challenges.We were taught all of the features of the processor as well as different strategies for use in the classroom.
January 2009 F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for life program
- This program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development targeted at Grades 4 to 7.This program works on Coping skills and problem solving skills, which are benefit to all students, especially at risk students.
November 2008 Emergency First Air – Industry (WCB Level 1) with Child CPR
- Industry course is a basic course designed forpeople needing minimal skills.
October 2008 Provincial Outreach program for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- This workshop increases participants understanding of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and its educational implications.The focus of the worshop was effective resources, research and strategies for teaching students with FASD.
October 2008 MoveʼIn & ZoneʼIn Training
- Zone in program helps children grades K-6 develop an awareness of their body’s energy and understand how to get Zoneʼin to Learn.
- Moveʼin is an individualized printing assessment and intervention program for grades K-3 designed to improve students printing tools.
- Filling in for Teachers from Pre-school to Grade Twelve for days and weeks
- Adapting and expanding resources and classroom tools
- Developing curricular materials to engage and motivate students
Sep 2008 - Present
- Foster meaningful relationships with students, parents and other educators to create a warm and attractive environment in which all can cooperate and learn.
- Design and develop lesson plans for grades 2 to 4 to educate students. Integrate technology into the classroom through the development of thematic units of study. Create lesson plans to engage students in meaningful learning situations while providing for all needs of all learners.
- Provide opportunities to encourage students to become life-long learners. Assess student outcomes with formative and summative assessments. Engaged in effective and appropriate classroom management techniques.
Apr 2007 - Apr 2008
Rock Wall Manager/Event Planner
- Contacted clients and arranged 40+ event bookings per year
- Organized staff and prepared equipment for events
- Worked productively with staff on desk, gaining a full time position
- Developed promotional material to = promote parent company services
Oct 2007 - Dec 2007
Practicum Student Teacher
- Assessing students needs, then planning units to meet the needs of the students
- Teaching with the end in mind
- Establishing a well disciplined safe environment
- Motivating and Inspiring students to complete, learn and reflect instructional material