I.T. = Innovation, Transformation
Currently working as Head of Digital Product and Technology, taking charge of Asia Miles IT strategy and development of blueprint for four main streams of e-Commerce : Loyalty System, Web & Mobile solutions, Online Travel experience and Core Transaction Engines.
Michael possessed over 30 years of experience in Information Technology with focuses on complex application development, database technologies and IT strategy. He also spent the last 20 years in Internet technology, eCommerce development / operations, web usability, computer security and Public Key Infrastructure technologies. Actively promoting IT / IS security in Hong Kong, he is :
- Startup Mentor, Google EYE Programme (2015-)
- Immediate Past Chairman, Founding member, Cloud Security Alliance Hong Kong and Macau Chapter (2013-2015);
- Past President of ISACA China Hong Kong Chapter; (President of the chapter from 2009-2011),
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) since 1996;
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) since 2006;
- HKCERT, Advisory group member;
- Member of HKSAR Workgroup of Cloud Security and Privacy
In the past 30 years, Michael implemented many complex IT application systems. Before joining Asia Miles, he was Group CIO of Next Media, led 150 IT professional to take charge of Web, Mobile, IPTV, Video-on-demand and internal IT platform. He was also the CIO of HKICPA - the largest professional association in Hong Kong from 2009 to 2011; and prior to that, spent 8 years in conglomerate Hutchison Whampoa Limited to design, implement and operate numerous e-Commerce, e-Government and e-Travel businesses (www.esdlife.com, www.priceline.com.hk), with businesses set-up in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan. Those web portals are the top sites in Hong Kong in terms of web traffic, and business results.
As the General Manager – E-Business and General Manager – Technology & Operations of those web portals, Michael headed up several functional teams with dozens of business development, technology, project management, operations and customer services professionals.
Prior to joining the conglomerate, he was the General Manager – Internet Services Development of Tradelink Electronic Commerce Limited and developed the first PKI based Internet Trade Declaration system for the HKSAR Government in Hong Kong.
Michael also developed numerous systems for Caltex, SingTel, Cathay Pacific, A.S. Watsons and Hongkong International Terminal in his career. Throughout this various IT and business projects, Michael had chances to work with teams and lead many of them from Bejing, Singapore, India, Taiwan, Japan and US.
As one of the Cloud Security Alliance Hong Kong and Macau Chapter founding members, Michael is now serving the chapter as Immediate Past Chairman. In addition, he is also the Past President of ISACA China Hong Kong Chapter.
To keep pace on the ever-changing landscape of information technology and Internet, Michael also attended many conferences and trainings in the past few years:
- Blockchain 2.0 Masterclass, Singapore (2017)
- Airline Executive Summit, Dublin (2017)
- Disruptive Technology, HBX | Harvard Business School (2017)
- Loyalty Summit, Bangkok (2016, 2018)
- OpenJaw t-Retail Summit, Dublin (2015)
- 500 Startups Demo Day, San Francisco (2015)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2014, San Francisco (2014)
- AWS re:Invent 2013; Las Vegas (2013)
- Strictly Digital - West Coast Innovators; San Francisco (2013)
- AWS Cloud Summit; Singapore (2013)
- Newspaper Annual Conference; Bangkok (2013)
- UX Hong Kong; Hong Kong (2012)
- Open Summit; San Francisco (2011)
- AsiaCACS Conference; Japan (2009)
- ISACA Leadership Conference; Toronto (2008), Kyoto (2009), Mumbai (2010)
- Usability Week; Sydney, Nielsen Norman Group (2006)
- 2005 User Friendly; Shanghai, UPA China (2005)
- Planning And Implementing SOA; Singapore, Ark Group Asia (2005)
- Six Thinking Hats; Edward de Bono Training Associates (2004)
- Usability Week; London, Nielsen Norman Group (2002)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People; Stephen Covey Leadership Center (2001)
- Security Conference; San Jose, RSA Security Inc. (2000)
Michael earned his bachelor's degree in computer science from University of Windsor and received an MBA from Australian Graduate School of Management.