Manager, Division Systems Administration
HCA IT&S, North Texas
Comprehensive management of 10+ to provide the HCA North Texas Division with high performing and fault-tolerant client, server, and storage solutions that ensure a highly available foundation for our hospital’s mission critical systems. Consistent job role analysis to ensure alignment with business strategies. Persistent business cases presented creating 2 new positions and 4 position changes. Developed Division Level SMEs over our core technologies while keeping facility based SAs to ensure service levels with customers.
- Current team members combine for over 60 years of HCA experience.
- 11 promotions into and within team. 3 promoted out of team.
- 99.992% average server up-time in 2015 for 640+ servers
- Migration of Core Systems Infrastructure from Tier 2 to Tier 4 Data Center Availability Levels
- 140% growth in Servers with 70% reduction in physical servers
- Migration of 240 virtual servers to new data center location with ZERO downtime for customers. (3 month project timeline planning to closure)
- Implementation of multi-location (12) CommVault Simpana Data Protection System utilizing single IBM TS3500 Tape Library with 99.99% data protection job success
- Manage software/OS distribution to over 19,000 client computers with SCCM 2012 (migrations from SMS 2003 - SCCM 2007 - SCCM 2012)
- Migration/removal of over 270 Windows Server 2003 Systems in 18 months
- 71% consolidation of SQL Servers count to reduce cost and simplify administration