Account Manager / Customer Success Trial Manager
Hired as an Account Manager, promoted one year later as Customer Success Trial Manager.
Acquisio is a performance marketing platform that allows digital marketing agencies and direct advertisers to manage their search, social, and display campaigns and get the most out of local search campaigns.
As Account Manager, my duties included:
- Nurturing existing client relationships (30-40 clients, Western North America and Australia)
- Increasing client retention and minimizing churn
- Converting new trial clients
- Upselling and finding opportunities for additional value and "stickiness"
On my monthly and sometimes weekly calls with clients I reviewed client performance, usage, and any open cases. In addition I assisted with account analysis for bid and budget management. Our primary focus in 2015 was client retention, and our team collectively were able to successfully reduce overall churn from 37% to under 25%.
As Customer Success Trial Manager, I lead a two-person team where our job is to convert new trial clients (North America and Australia). Our performance is measured by number of converted trials, converted MRR, and loaded ad spend per trial client. We manage clients from time of signed contract all the way thru conversion or exit trial. Our responsibilities include:
- Client Onboarding
- Training, Product Demonstrations and Tutorials
- Understanding Client KPIs and Objectives
- Scheduling Weekly Calls with Clients w/ Thorough Documentation and Follow Through
- Closely Monitoring Client Usage and Engagement
- Closing Deals at end of Free Trials
Previous average conversion rate for free trials historically was 35% to 40%. My personal performance thus far in 2016:
- Q1: 18 converted free trials, 64% MRR converted
- Q2: 16 converted free trials, 54% MRR converted