Classic Car Restoration
International Business Development & Operations
Expert in significantly increasing revenue, expanding market share
for start-up, turnaround ventures and technology integration.
Leverage diverse experience to start or expand an organization to improve efficiency and market competitiveness. Executive with international expertise in business development and operations including start-up and turn-around projects. Scope of experience includes technology, telecom, import/export and hospitality sectors.
Build and nurture key strategic alliances and partnerships
Create strategic/growth plans based on performance of in-depth market analysis
United States native, security clearance eligible, fluent in Russian
- Available for Relocation -
Who I am: an international executive with B2B and B2C experience, pursuing my next assignment. This can be in operations, sales or business development, in the corporate or nonprofit, federal / state government sector. I am proficient in the Russian language and culture.What I do: I start or expand forward-thinking organizations to position them as competitive global leaders.What I’m passionate about: the sense of accomplishment experienced when organizational leadership results in exceeding target objectives.
1999 - Present
Long-distance telecom provider ranking #5 among Russia’s foreign companies at peak.
Recruited by the Board of Directors to guide sales and new business development for this telecom company. Formulated an arrangement with a local (Russian) telecom provider that enabled explosive growth. Captured customers by traditional sales methods such as; cold calling, prospecting, referral programs and by using marketing methods including; strategic partnerships, holding seminars, special events and by building a presence at major exhibitions and forums.
- Expanded revenue from nearly $0 to $15K per month in just 3 months, employing innovative marketing approaches that gained prospects’ attention.
- Structured sales with key clients including various multinationals, Moscow City Council, Embassy of New Zealand, Embassy of Australia and Embassy of Venezuela.
- Achieved overall profitability of 75%, largely by optimizing account performance in the areas of service, cost, revenue and account receivables.
2007 - 2011
Business Administrator (Part Time)
Importer of medical and scientific equipment and supplies, specializing in logistics and negotiation services between U.S. / Global manufacturers and Russian clients.
Lead strategic guidance of daily operations: coordinating import/export activities, managing logistics, negotiating transport agreements and interfacing with customs brokers. Standardized administrative processes of monitoring orders to manufacturers and shipping document preparation. Provided team coordination. Concurrently, continued as chief consultant to DigiTel-Link.
Integrally contributed to winning exclusive agreements with global manufacturers such as Tyco, Bard and Medrad, by optimizing communications between buyers and manufacturers.
Improved sales 38% by largely by streamlining the order and documentation processes, thereby facilitating order fulfillment and customs clearance.
Signed $13 million in contracts with medical equipment manufacturers in 2010, to market and service their respective equipment and supplies in Russia.
1998 - 1998
PR & Marketing Administrator
#1 Multi-U.S. brand restaurant company in Russia.
Recruited by company president to define the PR and marketing strategy to turn the organization around and recover from Russia’s 1998 economic crisis. At this time overhead expenses were ballooning in comparison to sharply decreasing sales. Defined the primary objectives as capturing greater market share and elevating brand positioning. Oversaw 200 employees.
- Fully recalibrated and restrategized PR for the flagship restaurant, Santa Fe, operated as the face of the business to increase brand visibility and accessibility to the customer base.
- Structured the PR program that placed the head chef as the face of the company, essential to skyrocketing sales from $100K to $500K monthly in just 3 months.
- Captured an overall 65% market share, and positioned the restaurants in the public mind as trendy concepts with quality food and unparalleled service.
1996 - 1998
Business Development Manager
Recruited to build the business machines division, at a time when U.S. based Kodak’s presence was virtually nil in the market, and Xerox dominated the category. Defined a strategic marketing and advertising program targeting both Russian businesses and foreign organizations located in Russia. Promoted the Kodak brand at major equipment exhibitions and networking events. Managed the full sales cycle from prospect identification, product presentation, cost determination, contract negotiation to ongoing client relationship management.
- Converted Ernst & Young from an exclusive Xerox to a Kodak client. 1st in Russia to lease equipment. Contract valued at $1 million+, and structured a long-term agreement in the multi-millions.
- Devised a sales approach to deliver trial equipment to customers’ sites and not remove it until the prospect provided a sound reason why the Kodak product was inferior.
- Conducted technical sales presentations founded on feature / benefit comparison charts between Kodak and the competition, to facilitate customers’ decision-making processes.