Manager, Information Technology
D.A. Townley & Associates
Promoted from Senior Programmer to Manager of Information Technology. Manage development, design, and integration of software and hardware systems for one of Canada's leading and largest employee benefits administrator, with over one billion dollars in assets under administration. Oversee IT operations and staffing, and deliver technical resources to development projects. Work with company's management team to develop and implement an IT strategy, and budget for updating and growing business operations. Project manage custom systems development from the requirements phase though to the implementation phase. Manage IT infrastructure including file and print services, networking, data backup, disaster recovery, and asset auditing. Attend trustees meetings to discuss, plan, and resolve their information technology and reporting requirements.
- Automated critical business processes to reduce reliance on IT resources and promote departmental autonomy. Improvements led to thirty-five percent reduction in IT resources required to complete these processes.
- Established a new system for tracking time and invoicing clients for custom systems development and technical support, which significantly improved revenue and reduced departmental costs.
- Implemented a knowledge transfer training program to improve departmental flexibility and encourage team member growth.
- Developed a departmental knowledge base and operations manual to document IT operations and protect against knowledge loss.
- Implemented a help-desk system to manage team productivity and track user issues.
- Improved data availability to clients though improved reporting and delivery of web content.