SENIOR TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE Build Successful Organizations - Drive Change & Growth - Increase Revenues
Accomplished executive with over 18 years of international experience in Information Management Consulting, business development, sales, practice and resource management, thought leadership development, strategic planning, and client project delivery with Accentures blue chip clients. People-oriented leader with reputation for integrity and focus on creating client value. Attracted top talent and built cross-country, loyal, and high-performing teams. Successfully communicated vision, mission, and strategy to Accentures Information Management Senior Executives. Achieved quick and significant revenue and headcount growth.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ACCENTURE Chicago, Illinois 1991 - 2009 Senior Executive, Information Management Services EMEA Information Management Practice Lead Accenture Information Management Services Practice Lead EMEA - Germany 2005 - 2009 EMEA Practice Lead driving transformation of niche technology group to business solution and revenue-driven growth practice.
As a member of the Information Management Services executive team, developed and executed strategy to significantly grow the organization in Europe, Africa, and Middle East.
- Drove 30% + growth annually, outpacing North America operations by more than 25% each year.
- Achieved generating 60% of globall group revenues during 2007 and 2008.
- Expanded headcount from 100 to up to 1300 resources during 2006 to 2009. Selected 11 direct reports.
- Created a new European-wide sales and delivery organization, transforming technology-focused niche group to revenue generating growth engine and business solution provider.
- Elevated Information Management agenda into Accentures mainstream service offerings.
- Raised visibility through media outreach and conference presentations.
As business development executive and subject matter expert, created client account sales strategy, decided software vendor relevance to local markets, and led project delivery.
- Health & Life Science Industry - Business Development, Germany, Switzerland - Defined client account strategy for Information Management opportunities for Merck, Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, Roche, and Asklepios Clinic. Information Management IT Strategy lead at Nycomed.
- Data Warehouse Feasibility Study & Solution Design, T-Mobile, Germany - Information Management expert and Project Manager, responsible for supporting the client's DHW vendor selection and DWH migration process. Defining and documenting the to-be DWH solution design.
- Global Intranet Platform Replacement Program for UBS, Switzerland - Subject Matter Expert, responsible for defining UBS Intranet platform direction, vendor product selection, and implementation roadmap. Involvement ensured Accenture won the initial ECM Strategy phase as well as subsequent extensions to the contract, generating $3M incremental sales.
Senior Technology Executive - Chicago, USA 2003 - 2005 Senior Executive with Accentures Technology Consulting organization, responsible for sales, client project delivery, and thought leadership development. Between 2004 and 2005, annual client sales averaged $10M.
- Document Management Center of Excellence at USPS, USA - Built close client and client account team relationship, generating $4M+ incremental sales.- Trusted client advisor coordinating and executing software selection process.- Established rules-of-engagement for USPS CoE team and led business unit requirements assessment phase. - Hand-over of delivery responsibility due to new role in Europe.
- Automotive dealership re-contracting application for General Motors, USA- Client Executive and Project Manager, responsible for rescuing a failing, business-critical, client project.- Re-organized delivery team, re-negotiated vendor contracts, and re-established client trust. - Successful, on-time application launch avoiding significant contract penalties to Accenture. - First innovative integration of DocScience and Documentum for 100k documents/day rule-based document output generation in the US. - Led team of 25 Accenture and 5 client resources.
- Global Inter-/Intranet Portal for EMC, USA- Technical Architect & Delivery Lead managing a team of 20 Accenture and 20 client resources.- Trusted client advisor, ensuring smooth solution blueprint decision process, covering all software, hardware, and network components. - Software decision led to EMC's acquisition of Documentum and RSA. - First innovative integration of Blade Server & VMware technology for high-volume transaction processing with multi-language, global Portal & Content Management solution in the US. - Ensured successful Portal implementation leading to follow-on client projects, generating $15M clients sales.
Senior Technology Manager - Chicago, USA 1996 - 2003 Executive with Accentures Technology Consulting organization, leading a technology community and delivering large-scale business solutions at client engagements.
As the firm's Content Management Thought Lead, initiated the re-launch of Accentures Enterprise Content Management Community of Practice (CoP), providing assets, tools, and client project experience to Accenture resources with sales and client delivery responsibilities. The launch of the CoP re-enabled Accenture to respond to client RfPs, resulting in significant wins at strategic client accounts in the US, Europe, and Australia.
As a member of Accentures Technology Consulting organization, led complex and large-scale client projects.
- eCommerce and Intranet platform for Saudi Telecom, Saudi Arabia- Program Manager, responsible for implementing five sub-projects (Internet, Intranet, Document Management, Public Key Infrastructure, and Enterprise Search). - Reported to STC's program director and managed 35 Accenture and 5 client resources.
- Global Knowledge Management and E-Mail solution for Mitsubishi Corp, Japan & UK - Project Manager and Technical Architect, responsible for implementing the first globally-deployed Lotus Notes environment for a Japanese organization. - Reported to the client's project manager and led a team of 5 Accenture resources.
- Information Management Strategy for United Health Group, USA - Project Manager for UHG's Information Management strategy. - Drove UHG's vendor software product assessment and selection based on business user requirements identified during requirements assessment phase of the project. - Managed a team of 4 Accenture resources.
- Global messaging architecture for FedEx, USA - Technical Architecture Lead responsible for the design and implementation of a distributed E-Mail system - Led a team of 4 Accenture and 4 client resources
EDUCATION Graduate Degree (MBA) -- University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany, 1991 LANGUAGES English, German CITIZENSHIP USA, German OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES Director of IT Operations (formerly), Twin Beginnings, LLC