Electrical Engineering Co-op Student
Robert Bosch LLC
Automotive Body Electronics - experience with multiple teams detailed as follows:
Senior Thesis Project - Comprehensive Design of iBolt OCS Test Apparatus
- Designed, assembled, and completed an innovative new Occupant Classification System automated testing apparatus to advance the development of automotive passenger seats integrated with OCS technology.
- Organized the thesis project timeline using Microsoft Project. Preparing work requests for technicians and working with development engineers and machining specialists was integral in accomplishing project objectives.
- Coded a graphical user interface to calibrate/adjust integrated Animatics SmartMotorTM orientation using Matlab.
- Structurally developed dimension envelopes and tolerances of a robotic chassis serving as a foundation for a 3-dimensional positioning system. This included utilizing physical, mechanical, and electrical systems understanding to design a universal testing tool for all current OCS-equipped passenger seat platforms.
- Collaborated with machining specialists to design and fabricate high-precision mechanical components.
- Successfully developed a validation testing procedure to finalize project objectives. Strategy in development included formulating testing methodology, systematically recording sample data on the newly-assembled apparatus, and analyzing results to validate functional operation.
Occupant Classification Systems
- Performed extensive testing in a Mechatronics Laboratory with OCS-equipped passenger seats to advance the development of several vehicle safety platforms.
- Traveled offsite to support customers with root cause analysis, assembly line inspection, and development testing.
- Assembled four newly-designed portable electronic testing stations using circuit and layout schematics.
- Trained incoming technicians and engineers to become proficient with OCS technology and testing methodology.
- Organized and compiled testing data through Microsoft Access. Assisted in writing queries within Access to handle data flow and organization more efficiently.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning / Engine Cooling Fan Motor and Airflow Development
- Analyzed warranty returned products. Coordinated teardown component testing, diagnosed root cause issues, and compiled documentation in a laboratory environment.
- Performed dynamometer and durability tests on ECF and HVAC motors using oscilloscope and Instron structural test system.
- Responsible for conducting all compression and tensile testing. Compiled data for all teams testing mechanical products using Bluehill 2 software.
- Designed and conducted water-flow testing procedure used to determine moisture retainment within motor housing over lifetime. Analysis of testing data resulted in a new housing design to extend life of the motor.
- Repaired/modified mother and daughter circuit boards for engineering testing modules on electronics workbench.
- Developed skills for wire harness fabrication and breakout box assembly using circuit schematics.