2925 SOM Center Road Residence 216.464.1124
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022 email@example.com Cellular 216.570.8988
CEO – President – Board Member
Creator of economic value. Results-oriented, growth focused executive with extensive experience in both private and public sectors. Particularly effective in identifying a company’s core strength to develop and execute a strategic vision that increases top line growth, market share, profitability and shareholder value. Long history of success in sales and marketing. Proven leader of diverse executive teams in manufacturing, distribution and business service industries. Consensus-based decision maker promoting team values and a healthy corporate culture. Broad experience utilizing data, continuous process improvement and technology to increase customer satisfaction, stimulate improvements, and control costs.
Affinity Specialty Apparel, Inc. Cleveland, OH – 2008 to Present
President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
Affinity Specialty Apparel is focused on acquiring and operating companies with established brands in the uniform and specialty apparel market.
- Developed a multi-year business plan and strategy to purchase direct sale uniform and specialty apparel companies in the $5 billion annual direct sale market.
- Capitalized and launched Affinity as an acquisition and operating company.
- Worked with Morgenthaler Partners to commit $25 million in equity capital to support management’s acquisition and growth strategies.
- Directing the merger and acquisition activities to acquire platform companies with EBITDA in excess of $5 million, as well as add-on acquisitions.
- Morgenthaler Partners, a leading middle market private equity firm, with approximately $3 billion under management and has funded more than 300 companies over its 40-year history.
Education Enrichment Resources, Inc. Cleveland, OH – 2005 to 2008
President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
$65 million private company distributing supplemental curriculum education products to k-12 schools nationwide.
- Developed a multi-year business plan and strategy to buy companies in education supply distribution and manufacturing sector.
- Capitalized and launched EERI as an acquisition and operating corporation.
- Completed two acquisitions in 12 months, managing cost savings and organic growth to bring the combined entity to $65 million and $3.0 million EBITDA.
- Hired and trained a new management team to improve sales and marketing, I.T and financial reporting systems.
- Successfully integrated two businesses and improved SGA expenses by $1million annually.
- Introduced a new Type to Learn product line generating a multiyear and multimillion dollar new product launch.
- Sold the business to a private equity/hedge fund.
- Provided investors with a 36% IRR.
LESCO, Inc., (nowan operating company of John Deere) Cleveland, OH – 2001 to 2005
President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
$585 million public company traded on NASDAQ. As the nation’s largest distributor of landscape, golf and pest control products, LESCO served more than 130,000 customers through 320 Service Centers® and 110 Stores-on-Wheels®.
Increased Shareholder Value:
- Drove stock price up from $6.66 to $16.37 per share in less than 4 years, enhancing shareholder value and increasing market capitalization more than $87 million. Developed and implemented a multi-year strategic vision that transformed LESCO from a vertically integrated manufacturer to a growing specialty retail and distribution company.
- Established and exceeded two of three key financial metrics: sales growth >10%; ROIC >10% and EBIT >10%.
- Proposed and gained Board approval to divest underperforming manufacturing assets, generating $25 million in cash and benefiting shareholders by funding a 1.5 million stock repurchase plan. Harvesting the working and fixed capital of LESCO’s supply chain also funded expansion of company’s Service Center® network.
- Increased daily trading volume 10x by differentiating LESCO’s value proposition to the investment community. Structured and proactively presented critical data on 5-year growth and profit plans that resulted in 3 independent analysts covering and publishing research on LESCO for investors (first time in 4 years).
Michael P. DiMino, Page Two of Three
Residence 216.464.1124 Cellular 216.570.8988
- Partnered with Audit Committee Chair, auditing firm and CFO to devise a strategy for upgrading systems, writing policies and establishing internal and external accounting standards that brought LESCO into full compliance with all 404 standards and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Protected shareholders and reduced risk of litigation and non-compliance by standardizing financial and operational policies and procedures. Tighter controls improved working capital and free cash flow by $ 10 million per year.
Drove Top Line Growth:
- Increased revenue by $80 million from a 2001 base of $504 million by creating and implementing a comprehensive strategic service center expansion plan, resulting in the opening of 79 units to date with plans to open 350 additional stores; since 2003, new stores have generated over $60 million in sales.
- Improved customer satisfaction by developing and implementing in-house point of sale software system (Unity), providing real time data exchange and improved order entry capabilities.
- Launched and continued to expand Stores-On-Wheels® program, increasing from 77 units in 2003 to current 110; positioned company to more easily respond to customer needs.
- Outsourced credit department to GE Business Credit Services, harvesting over $62 million in working capital and eliminating all debt from balance sheet.
- Improved company ROIC to over 10% by selling unprofitable manufacturing assets, recouping $25 million in cash and eliminating over $2.5 million in annual maintenance capital.
- Saved $1 million annually by moving company headquarters to a more appropriate and cost effective venue.
- Reduced interest expense 300 basis points annually by renegotiating revolving debt facility.
- Eliminated or changed agency agreements with major chemical suppliers, increasing gross profit by $1.2 million annually in these products and raw materials.
- Replaced larger tractor-trailer fleet with smaller, less expensive, more reliable vehicles, saving $1 million annually.
Sponsored Human Capital Investments:
- Recruited and developed skilled management team, attracting top talent for critical roles to accommodate transformation from manufacturing to retail basis business; successfully supporting transition and growth.
- Initiated internal customer service team to address outside sales force need for faster customer problem resolution, creating a single point of contact , more “selling time” and improved productivity for outside sales force.
- Teamed with senior management staff to author corporate values and mission statement, clarifying core values and establishing fundamental business direction.
UNIFORMS TO YOU, DIVISION OF CINTAS CORPORATION, Chicago, IL – 1988 to 2001
President/Chief Operating Officer
$220 million division of $2 billion Cintas, the industry leader specializing in stock, custom and exclusive uniforms for the hotel, restaurant, casino, cruise line, airline and transportation industries; largest uniform supplier in the world.
- Successfully led transition from private family-owned to division of a publicly held, publicly traded $2 billion company.
- Successfully acquired two competitors, complementing internal growth and profitability.
Sales & Profitability:
- Increased sales from $158 million to $215 million.
- Established industry first, exclusive, multi-year contract with Marriott Corporation for supply of uniforms and other services, resulting in $20 million in annual sales, which doubled existing business with them.
- Built 105-person call center that received 4,000+ calls/day, 5,000 orders/day and delivered $1+ million/day in business.
- Directed development and creative layout of product catalog, which served as reference guide for entire uniform industry. Catalogs won numerous awards for their creativity and usefulness to customers.
- Maintained yearly 10% profit margin, far in excess of competition.
- Recruited and developed executive staff in disciplines of sales, marketing, IS, HR and manufacturing.
- Responsible for 1,600 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Managed and directed $20 million expansion of corporate headquarters and 225,000-square foot distribution facility that provided same-day distribution service through radio frequency high-speed conveyor picking system; system has given industry-leading service to customers while eliminating over 150 employees and reducing other direct expenses.
- Developed state-of-the-art forecasting package for 40,000 stock keeping units, which balanced cost of inventory with service levels resulting in 95% availability of product when ordered.
Michael P. DiMino, Page Three of Three
Residence 216.464.1124, Cellular 216.570.8988
- Developed call center, order entry, proprietary software system capable of business-to-business and business-to-consumer web-enabled transactions. The site, www.uty.com is now doing over $1 million per month in sales and is capable of order entry, tracking orders, checking on stock availability and is linked with Federal Express and UPS for package tracking.
Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing – 1988-1994
Led marketing and field sales organizations of a $100 million division; sold to major hotel chains, restaurants, rental car agencies and other industries domestically and internationally. Reported to President/Owner.
- Increased sales 20% ($75-$90 million) in one year while restructuring sales and marketing, saving $1.2 million.
- Reduced inventory levels from $35 to $25 million in one year through newly created product manager function.
- Began sales forecasting system, improving service levels by reducing back orders and out-of-stocks from 21% to 8%.
- Developed business partners in JV relationships for U.S., Mexico, Canada and England, resulting in $1 million of sales.
UNITED HEALTH CARE COMPANY, Cincinnati, OH (currently located in Minnetonka, MN) – 1985 to 1988
Largest health care provider in the world with revenues of $5.4 billion, specializing in HMO’s across the United States.
Vice President Sales, Eastern Zone, Colorado Springs, CO – 1987-1988
Managed HMO sales forces for eastern states. Supervised national accounts and marketing product managers.
- Started corporate sales training school, which trained 35 individuals and lowered turnover by 12%.
- Developed and implemented 3 new health benefit products that were approved by state and federal regulators, attracting 10,000 new members.
- Added 35,000 members to Eastern Zone, increasing revenues by $2.5 million.
Director Sales and Marketing, Cincinnati, OH – 1985-1987
Responsible for sales and marketing functions for HMO operations in Cincinnati, Dayton and Northern Kentucky.
- Managed 18 sales personnel and achieved sales and profit goals each year.
- Increased membership from 793 to 19,500 members.
- Recruited 35 primary care doctors for Dayton start-up and expansion.
- Implemented software prospecting system to track and manage sales opportunities, increasing closing ratios to 70%.
AMERICAN HOSPITAL SUPPLY COMPANY (now Baxter Healthcare Corporation), Cincinnati, OH – 1980 to 1985
$88 million division of the Chicago-based $5 billion global supplier and distributor of surgical and health care products.
Sales and Marketing Manager – 1983-1985
- Grew $12 million product line of hospital logistics equipment through launch of new products, a telemarketing initiative and by creating “Sellavision,” a video magazine produced for training and developing product knowledge for a 65-person sales force.
Personnel Manager – 1982-1983
- Performed college recruitment and non-exempt hiring and training, including 20 sales representatives. Restructured benefits program for all employees, resulting in $100,000 annual savings.
Sales Representative, Pittsburgh, PA – 1980-1982
- 133 hospital, $2 million territory that generated $1 million of gross profit in 1980; finished 128% to quota and won “Supplier of the Year” award as the company’s most outstanding salesperson in 1982.
B.A., Liberal Arts, Economics Major, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1980
- Board Member of ESSCO, a distribution leader in the vacuum cleaner repair market, and an operating company of the private equity firm MCM capital Cleveland, OH
- Board Member of Ryan Herco Flow Systems, a $150 million operating company of the private equity firm Morgenthaler Partners Cleveland, OH
- Board Member Club Colors a corporate uniform promotions business, Schaumberg Il, an operating company of private equity firm CID Capital in Indianapolis, IN
- M&A Consultant and Operating Advisor; for PE firms in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, and New York