Director of IT, Global Head of Workplace Collaboration and Productivity
Grupo Bimbo is the #1 baking company in the world with $15B USD revenue.
Built a globally distributed team of 10 internal associates along with ~10 members of external support teams to manage end user computing, messaging and collaboration, and identity for GB associates in 32 countries
- Transformed an on-premises email and IM environment to a modern SaaS solution with cloud file sharing, real-time chat, universal videoconferencing, social networking, low-code apps, and self-service BI while slashing costs >50%.
- Led the technical side of a global intranet redesign and launch, including knowledge base, internal communications and collaboration / social networking components
- Launched dozens of proofs of concept (POCs) for improved collaboration, smoother user experience, more responsive compliance, and enhanced security, resulting in three major transformation initiatives in three years
- Accelerated solution architecture, technical design and deployment with agile methodologies like Lean Kanban
- Managed a multi-vendor IT environment (up to 7) to support hybrid identity, messaging & collaboration, secure hosting of >100 brand websites, and software distribution