Special Education Teacher, Asst. Track Coach
Janesville Craig High School
- Scheduled quarterly and/or annual meetings with parents and guardians of students to discuss student progress and plan development for academics and behaviors.
- Established best practices for student instruction and transition planning to meet compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and No Child Left Behind.
- Analyzed quarterly student test data to determine areas of deficit, create student goals for improvement, and provide adjustments in instruction that led to positive gains on the next assessment.
- Developed lesson plans driven by data derived from formative and summative assessments that led to higher scores on future tests.
- Advised parents and students on procedures and accommodations for the ACT test under the guidelines established by the American with Disabilities Act.
- Monitored student health plans and medications in relation to students’ education plan while evaluating impact on academic progress.
- Created Individual Education and Behavior Plans that integrated student health plans to ensure success within the school setting.
- Consulted with school nurse and student’s medical providers or therapists to create or adjust individual education, behavior, or health plan.
- Utilized a variety of methods to communicate student progress to team members (parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, probation agents, and medical providers) and adjusted students’ plans based on input as required.
- Reviewed test scores and grades with students to develop goals for improvement.
- Led a collaborative effort to implement a new curriculum for career exploration activities for students with disabilities.
- Implemented a research-based training plan for athletes resulting in the development of state track and field qualifiers.