Registered Nurse, Emergency Room/Trauma
Thomas Jefferson university hospital
Level I Trauma Center/Emergency room with over 60,000 visits per year.
- Primary Trauma response nurse during trauma activations.
- Provided care based focusing on patient goals with processes utilizing the nursing process.
- Keen awareness of needs of the department and provided support to team members as needed with varying roles.
- Close collaboration with physicians, residents, and ancillary department personnel exercising leadership and direction to achieve the nursing goals.
- Assisted with quality improvement as directed.
- Assumed various medical roles to maintain the efficiency of the department.
- Skills include but not limited to cardiac monitoring, pharmacological interventions, hemodynamic monitoring of arterial and intracranial devices as directed, ventilator management, chest tube management, ongoing patient assessments.
- Utilized the nursing processes; assessed, planned, provided and evaluated nursing care based on staff and patient interviews.