Senior Technical Officer
Winter Garden, FL, USA
Joined a firm with a primary focus on specializing in the manufacturing and distribution of custom-brand premium surveillance equipment: analog & digital network cameras, biometric equipment, RFID control interfaces, GPS data collection and interface software, covert video and audio bug control and removal, long-range wireless surveillance solutions, enterprise level surveillance node cluster networking.
- Programming multiple interfacing surveillance devices (mostly perl, web-based, and java based solutions)
- Installation of all surveillance products provided by the company. Ranging from single-camera residential units, to high definition enterprise units with 1000baseT (or optical) backbones providing multi unit clustering capabilities.
- Integration of access control units into our enterprise solutions, often having to program relational databases to store users.
- Provided 24/7 system supervision through custom built and programmed linux nodes. These nodes would actively check the health and status of every client, providing instant detailed alerts to the active technical assistance crew in the event of any system instability.
- Volunteered my assistance and problem solving skills after normal working hours (including holidays, weekends), manning the company sales/demo booth at many regional and international exhibitions.
- Gave hundreds of hours of assistance helping the owner in the development of his new company website, as well as multiple other web based solutions provided through the newly released site.