Apr 2014 - Present
Mar 2012 - Feb 2014
Service Delivery Team Lead
Forge Group Ltd
Accountable for delivery of all aspects of the customer facing IT services for global construction company including the management of teams, systems, processes and support technology required to deliver support to a globally and nationally distributed corporate customer base. Recognized by management and users for transforming the quality of IT customer service and achieving significant improvement in perceived overall IT customer service
- Management of the Helpdesk Support Team and service which fields on average 1400 support requests per month
- Management of the Desktop Support Team and service which provides onsite support to over 5 corporate sites.
- Managed all ITSM systems
- Managed team shifts, rosters, site rotation & site visits
- Conduct team meetings and act as the technical escalation point for the L2 team.
- Management of Assets and Lifecycle; record keeping, reporting and analysis
- Stock Management; managing stock flow met the dynamic demands of the business & warehouse storage of hundreds of desktops, monitors and laptops.
- Creation and Streamlining of a framework of Internal and Business facing processes, Technical & End User Procedures, Desktop related Standards, Agreements & Policies
- Responsible for the Design, Quality and Delivery of the Standard Operating Environment (SOE) including application packaging and scripting.
- Travel to project sites
- Management of client management (SCCM, KACE) Imaging (FOG, SCCM) and Helpdesk (OTRS) Systems
- Management Reports
Aug 2010 - Feb 2012
Maintained the West Australian IT Infrastructure for a number of clients including one of the world’s largest natural resource companies. This included 4 head offices in Perth, and 3 other mine sites across WA. The Infrastructure team on which I was a member supported and maintained over 60 HP servers (including Blade Servers and ProLiant Servers) and hundreds of clients. I would fly out to remote sites for up to a week at a time on a rotational basis and become the sole onsite IT Infrastructure contact for that corporate office or mine site.
SERVER TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE:
- Integrated Lights Out (ILO)
- Exchange Cluster Server’s 2007
- SQL Server 2008
- Win Server 2003, 2008 Enterprise/Standard
- LTO 5 Tape Library with 12 Slots
- Backup Exec
- Blackberry Server Administration
- Citrix ZenApp Server
- Ops Manager Server
- Enterprise Vault Server
- Office Communications Server
- DHCP, File, WSUS Servers
- Forefront Server
- MIME Sweeper Spam Filter
- SharePoint Maintenance
- RSA SecureID Server
- Daily Maintenance – backups, events, services
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE:
- Blackberry Setup and Maintenance
- Building and Maintaining Laptops/Desktops
- Shadow Protect
- Mapped Printers and Drives
- Blackberry Setup and Maintenance
- Enterprise Vault Clients
- Check Point Full Disk Encryption
- Remote Assistance
- User, Computer & Exchange Accounts
- Constant interaction with clients
INFRASTRUCTURE PROCESSES, PROCEDURES & DOCUMENTATION:
- Server Rebuilds: Rebuilt servers according to corporate build requirements
- Requests For Change (RFC): Preparing documentation outlining the details of a major infrastructure upgrade or change. Involved liaison with third party contractors, & liaison with managers.
- Outage Notifications: Preparing and sending network outage notifications to users
- Connectwise: IT Ticket Management System – Individual job documentation
- Liaising with HP for warranty jobs on servers
Mar 2010 - Dec 2010
Generalist IT Consultant
CA Management | Mar 2010 – Dec 2010 (10 Months)
As an IT Consultant and Network Administrator, I provided IT support for our clients at CA Management. This involves over the phone advice, onsite support, and public seminars on new technologies for our clients.
As part of my role at CA, I support external corporate clients (HP, Emirates, Suncorp, Australian Government) at a Desktop level.
- Installation and maintenance of HP Photo Lab Networks at sites like Kmart and Camera House
- Maintenance of Emirates office equipment – Printers and Desktops.
- Maintenance of PABX Systems for a number of AVAYA Clients according to documentation
- Maintenance of Australian Government Office networks – routers and switches, laptops & printers.
SMALL BUSINESS CLIENTS:
I assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of internal client networks, supporting clients that have national wide networks and a range of different servers. More specifically:
- Based on relevant onsite assessment and assistance from my manager, I created quotes for new Active Directory Server networks worth up to $30,000 and up to 10 Desktop Users
- Installed & maintained desktop PCs, printers, laptops, modems, routers, switches, etc.
- Maintained Microsoft AD Servers, Terminal servers, Domain Controllers, backup drives, terminal session printers, Microsoft Exchange, VPNs, Group Policy, Scripting, Backup Software (VERITAS – Symantec)
- Remote Assistance using BOMGAR remote support, RDP and VPN’s
- Most importantly, I learnt that developing a good relationship with clients is the key to success. And this is done through consistent and positive communication.
Jan 2009 - Mar 2010
As an IT Consultant and Network Administrator, I provide IT support for our clients at CA Management. This involves over the phone advice, onsite support, and seminars on new technologies for our clients.
- Consistent Intensive Technical Experience with a wide range of IT Products including Servers, PDAs, Media Converters, Routers, Modems, Domestic\Industrial Printers, Old/New Desktop PCs and Laptops,
- External Devices, Monitors, Video Cards, Patch-panels, All common Internal and External PC Peripherals. A few of the Brands I have worked with HP, IBM, Gateway, Dell, Intel, Toshiba, Acer, Sony, Mitsubishi, Apple, Ipex, AMD, LG, Cannon, Lexmark, ASUS, Avira, AVG, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic, Samsung.
- Experienced with Remote Desktop Software: Microsoft RD, VNC, LogMeIn and Cisco Go To Assist.
- Experienced with network imaging, and imaging software: Creating, Developing, Documenting and Deploying Images on Multiple Systems. Using Arcronis True Image Home/Server, rDeploy, VMware.
- Creating and configuring boot disks
- Projects: Actively participated with Network Engineers in the development and maintenance of a College Network.
- Customer Service: Most of my work was either face to face with clients or over the phone support. I have learnt that consistent communication with the client is invaluable in order to reach the solution that makes them happy