Junior Software Developer
- Prince Edward Island, Canada, CA
An avid life-long learner with a career tested in the fires of business administration, professional project management and quality assurance pivoting towards mobile application development with a specific love of iOS devices, Swift, Fire-Base, Pivotal Tracker/Jira, GitHub/BitBucket, Heroku, Slack, Python, and the list goes on.
- Working with a team of brilliant minds on a financial startup. Assisting in the area of SEO and marketing. Humbled to contribute and enjoying to the many hats I get to wear.
- Bootstrapping several projects including hardware and software proto-typing
- rupt.io service with a mobile and web front-end for crowd driven tracking of both private and public service dependance
- darkmetal.io a textual story telling based RPG game with Web and Mobile front-end
- lifetouch.io eradicating the distance in long distance care-giving
Technologies involved: xCode, Swift, Python, Firebase, Apple hardware, just-in-mind, git, bitbucket, jira, slack, iOS
- Worked embedded with developers, devops and QA
- Managing client expectations, involved in full life cycle from initial requirements through to launch and post launch support activities
- Worked with internal team to develop cost estimates
- Facilitated client meetings as required, assisted client's in exploring creative solutions to their needs
Primary obligations/achievements include:
- Lead a NRC funded software research project to develop a data extraction system capable of handling unique constraints and processing verifiable ~150,000 records in 10 min.
- Achieved double output in the required timeframe by building out a series of natural language pre and post processing algorithms involving a number of specific techniques including: word disambiguation, named entity recognition, morphological segmentation, part-of-speech tagging and parsing among others.
- With team built a prototype desktop application that would allow a user to compare questionable data extraction values against target source then manually allow/disallow the data further training the system over time.
- Built end to end workflow allow for near real-time production data updates empowering client services to proactively and independently respond to client queries
- Managed a small development team
- Oversaw the technical management of the organization's primary product
- Lead ongoing status meetings between various stakeholders (internal and external) providing weekly project status reports including well defined technical hurdles with the innovative approaches we explored to address challenges
- Worked with both external and internal clients to deliver projects
- Designed python application to analyze cognos report exports, used to establish work estimates during a conversion project
- Worked with banking and other securities client in the area of project and quality management
- Managed a small team of testers/BA resource's
- Wrote Test Strategy/Approach documentation
- Facilitated weekly status meetings
- Wrote manual and automated test cases (QuickTestPro / Quality Centre)
- Wrote routines for creating required test data
- Conducted black box, negative, edge case testing including automated script's for core flow execution
- Increasing roles of responsibility initially as a Business Analyst
- Quality Manager for international disputes project with multi-regional deployment
- Project Manager for several internet facing consumer travel properties
- Worked with QuickTestPro and Quality Centre, frequently designing customized solutions to address limitation's in available test data
8 week bootcamp program with intensive focus on objective-c development with some swift following a strict schedule of coding between 8AM and 11PM daily culminating in two project deliverables.
- Mid-term project in Objective-C using AVFoundation enabling scanning of dry goods then integrating several API's to return recipes that use the product
- Final project in Objective-C using FireBase to build a mobile app that tracks public and private disruptions to life
1 week intensive course on objective-c devleopment
In-depth training of project management principles as defined by the PMBOK body of knowledge. Following this training received my PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Education in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, general business management principles and project management.
Programming focused on C, cobol based languages. Involved in beta testing new course curriculum in tandem with completing existing course work.
Studies focused on diagnostic/repair of motherboards, understanding the processing structure of a computer.
Certifies an acceptable level of project management understanding based on the PMBOK body of knowledge. Practitioner in good standing since 2009.