Senior Systems Analyst - IBM iSeries - AS/400
Frontier Communications, Rochester, New York
- The AS/400 Production Support team has the core responsibility of managing all applications and jobs that run on all of the iSeries-AS/400 systems. In conjunction with the execution and validation of these jobs, proficiency in several support applications is required. These include configuration of the AS/400 backup backup and recovery applications; online viewing, emailing and printing of the various job outputs, creation of on demand requests for the restoration of the backup data, oversee the daily on demand testing environment requests that are submitted by the application and system testers.
- In its current configuration the team functions as a group of traditional systems analysts who have taken on the role of helping to design application work flows as they relate to all of the applications running on the AS/400 - IBM iSeries.
- Key member of the IT Conversion team that is annually involved in AT&T and Verizon conversions of purchased communication land lines to Frontier's billing platform as part of Frontier's 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 acquisitions of those land lines in multibillion dollar deals.
- Systems Analyst for multiple iSeries systems utilizing current tool such as BRMS (Backup and Recovery Media Services) and HELP Systems ROBOT suite of software.
- On call rotation for 24x7x365 for applications and data center support.
- Responsible for maintaining the ROBOT billing platforms for 11 different environments across the United States.
- Maintain and create official company documentation for IT processing.
- Participate in daily/weekly meeting for projects and incidents.