- Understanding of system architectures ability to cultivate technology maturity
- Ability to scope and design systems within current and future state frameworks
- Creative problem solver with aptitude for improvement
- Build tactical relationships both internally and externally
- Wide scope of IT knowledge and experience in private and public sectors
Over 16 years of professional Information Technology experience. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365, cloud migration and Microsoft licensing.
Handled complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines and business units including negotiation and relationship management, tracking, troubleshooting and reporting of all technology related contract commitments made and ensuring compliance to negotiated contracts on an ongoing basis. Led the development of the technical solutions translating the business needs into technical requirements identifying gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk in the technical solution and provided technical consultation and support and making recommendations and technology alternatives as well as continuously evaluating new technological developments and evolving business requirements.
Apr 2007 - Present
Augmenit Technologies Inc.
Develop key relationships within organizations to enable the effective use of current technology to enable business strategy
- Technology management consultant:
- Work with Organizations to Develop and implement IT strategy
- Oversee IT projects/programs
- Mentor and develop staff
- Current projects
- Office 365 transition including Skype for Business, email and file governance
- ERP resilience project using Microsoft Azure technology stack
- Windows 10 initiative including Azure Active Directory full AD syncronization
Nov 2005 - Apr 2014
Responsible for solving business problems with technology solutions where appropriate. Navigated changes in Organization leadership and responded to reactionary organizational needs while keeping long term Technology strategy on course.
- Business Resilience – Assessed business risks and implemented solution to reduce exposure from local and regional disasters; working with international suppliers and local support to architect the solution. Financed project while under budgetary constraints.
- Unified Communications – Completed companywide replacement of traditional landlines with a fully integrated unified communication system utilizing Microsoft and SIP trunking technologies. Realized a over 80% operational cost reduction in service while enriching communication across the organization
- Formalized Budgeting – Developed Technology strategy with Organization and forecasted financial requirements for IT Operations, Capital Projects and internal and external resources
- Responded to organizational requirements - Reduced IT expenditures by +1MM dollars (50% reduction) in IT operational and Capital expense during economic downturn while maintaining all system and upgrading to Windows 7 (2009)
- Used as a communication tool for Executive team for creating the yearly strategy
- Managed internal Development teams including SharePoint and Business Intelligence initiatives Strengthened team dynamic with organization by changing from a SDLC to a SCRUM method of development
- Regional mobility program – acquired mobility program from operations outsourcing full program improved service levels and reduced cost by 35%
- Architected network and infrastructure including the implementation of corporate MPLS private network and SIPA private wireless segment
- Facilitated the creation of organizations Information Architecture
Re-Platformed knowledge management system from Documentum to SharePoint
Mar 2000 - Nov 2005
Senior IT Consultant/Developer
- University of Alberta - School of Business - Design of web based registration program
- Diversity Technologies Corp. – Designed web application that integrated to all major business systems including Documentum
- Alberta Milk – IT Project Manager and Network Administrator – Microsoft Windows server technology, assisted in implementation of SUN systems (ERP)
- Rice Engineering – Microsoft CRM implementation, rebuild infrastructure, mentoring and knowledge transfer to staff
- Landrex – Upgrade MS Dynamics ERP system, custom integration with in-house software
- Development and support of product line including Microsoft Dynamics GP, Canadian Payroll and custom software integration
Understanding of Current stack of Microsoft Technologies
IT Skills Management
organize computer based systems
Conceptual blueprint that defines the structure and operation of an organization
EqualLogic and VMware & Advanced EqualLogic
Leader Effectiveness Training
Gordon Training International
Certificate in Enterprise Analysis
Fundamental of Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Management Skills for new Managers
Foundational skills to shift from being an individual contributor to a well-respected manager who can achieve team success.
Sep 2006 - Apr 2007
Masters Certificate of Business Analysis
University of Lethbridge
Studies focused in business analysis, tactics for understanding processes and mapping activities, design, technical planning, and business case development.
Jan 1999 - Dec 1999
Computer Systems Accelerated
Specialized in Computer Programming and Computer Networking areas. Contributed to team projects, to create simulated real-world applications. Fundamentals in database design and application programming include VB and C++.