I currently train and compete as a national level swimmer, and have done so for a number of years now. As a result of this I'm fully aware of what hard work is all about, and am definitely not afraid to step up to any challenge. I think this level of sporting commitment also shows exactly the kind of person that I am, as well as how dedicated and committed I am to succeeding in whatever it is I set my mind to.
Nov 2013 - May 2014
Worked in a fast paced Bar/Bistro, requiring effective communication with customers, coworkers and management.
Developed excellent time management skills in balancing part time work, full-time University, and sporting commitments.
Valued staff member, often worked closing and call in shifts.
Nov 2012 - Feb 2013
Power and Water Corporation
Dec 2011-Feb 2012 / Dec 2012-Feb 2013
Completed roughly 20 weeks of practical work experience over two separate vacation periods. My responsibilities included:
- In 2012/13, I was involved in the design and construction of a new electrical substation being built in the Darwin suburb of Leanyer.
- Due to the short amount of time in this role, I was only involved with the civil works contract of the project, and the construction of the building that is now used to house the high voltage switchgear and transformer control equipment.
- My role was to manage the responsibilities of the site engineer whilst he was on leave.
- This involved carrying out required quality assessment tests and updating progress trackers, signing off sub-contractor dockets, recording daily financial activities and delivering progress reports to senior engineers in weekly meetings.
- For the majority of this work I was based out on site, which gave me a practical experience in working side-by-side with contractors, design engineers and senior project managers.
Feb 2010 - Mar 2011
Northern Territory Government
During my time in this position, my department (the Department of Housing, Local Government and Regional Services) was focused on establishing 15 Indigenous communities throughout the Northern Territory as ‘Growth Towns’, which would act as service hubs for the surrounding area.
This was done by putting together reports for each of the towns that showed what was important to the community as well as what they needed to keep growing as a town.
My role in this project was writing, editing, and proofing these reports to make sure all of this information was correct. This project took me out to a number of these communities to work alongside their leaders and government officials.
Feb 2012 - Dec 2015
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
University of Queensland
Expected Graduation: November 2015
At this point in time I only have a handful of subjects remaining before graduating as a Civil Engineer. For a number of semesters I've only done three subjects instead of four in order to accommodate my sporting commitments, which has ultimately resulted in extending my studies by a year.
Feb 2011 - Dec 2011
Bachelor of Civil and Structural Engineering
Queensland University of Technology
- I started my Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Structural) at QUT in 2011, though transferred to the University of Queensland for personal reasons the following year.
Feb 2004 - Dec 2009
Higher School Certificate
Darwin High School
Higher School Certificate with a Tertiary Entrance Rank of 81.91
Throughout my high school years I was involved in leadership groups and countless sporting teams. From successes with my sport I went on to compete at national events such as the Pacific School Games in Sydney in 2005 and again in Canberra in 2008, as well as the National Age Championships for a number of years.