RAKUTEN LOYALTYBoston, MA
Director of Marketing & Public Relations July 2011 – present
Lead the branding, marketing communications, and public relations of B2B rewards technology company. Oversee the development and brand adherence of all marketing channels including: web, social media, advertising, sales tools, and tradeshows. Responsible for company’s internal and public relations activities including media pitches, interviews, events, prepping senior leaders, developing editorial content, employee communications, industry research, and coordinating information with our Japanese parent company.
- Recently led the company in a rebranding effort to more effectively position us for future success. Coordinated the development of new brand guidelines, marketing materials (including web site, videos, social media, marketing and sales collateral), client and partner communications, advertising, talking points for staff, and media coverage.
- Solely established valuable media relationships for the company while also securing coverage in prominent local and national media outlets including: Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Boston Business Journal, WIRED, VentureBeat, Computerworld, Direct Marketing News, and BostInno
- Created company’s first regular industry and competitor research reports, utilizing web and social media resources to keep daily pulse on the industry. Present findings to company and parent company to help better develop more effective and strategic product, sales, and marketing plans.
CENGAGE LEARNINGBoston, MA
Marketing Communications Manager September 2005 – July 2011
Championed the marketing communications efforts of global technology publisher. Partnered with stakeholders to generate sales leads; launched products; managed sales and customer campaigns; analyzed and reported metrics; oversaw copywriting and design; coordinated market research and customer story; generated public relations opportunities; event planning; budget management; brand management; negotiated with and managed freelancers, advertising agencies, and vendors.
- Effectively led the implementation of marketing plans that drove $130M+ in annual revenue
- Oversaw the development and execution of 250+ integrated marketing activities (e-mail, Web sites, videos, events, print, advertising, social media, sales tools) while managing two direct reports and leading cross-functional teams
- Key leader in the planning, attendee generation, and on-site execution of annual events, including three-day conference featuring 700+ customers worth $35M+ in business
- Saved 10-15% each fiscal year on budget by streamlining processes, analyzing metrics to make better decisions, defining best practices, and negotiating with printers, advertising agencies and freelancers
NEW ENGLAND PRESS ASSOCIATION Boston, MA
Member Services & Marketing Director July 2003 – August 2005 Membership Services Coordinator March 2002 – July 2003 Oversaw marketing and membership efforts for non-profit organization including: lead generation, business development, branding, membership management, public relations, and vendor relations all geared toward increasing revenue, membership, and brand awareness.
- Grew membership to all-time high levels (up 30% in 3 years) through revitalizing the membership drive program with targeted lead generation plans
- Exceeded advertising and new revenue streams 40% by fostering relationships with potential partners and enhancing the sales communications strategies
- Increased attendance, sponsors, and exhibitors at annual convention and trade show 60% by establishing integrated outreach campaign