Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching. February 2010. Greensboro, NC.
- Co-presenter, “Learning to Teach, Learning to Serve: Promoting Diversity Awareness for Pre-Service Teachers through Service-Learning.”
Learn and Serve America Grantee Training. October 2009. Washington, DC.
- Co-presenter, “Meaningful Evaluation of Service-Learning: Identifying and Measuring Community Impacts.”
NC-ACTE 27th Annual North Carolina Teacher Education Forum. September 2009. Raleigh, NC.
- Co-presenter, “Learning to Teach, Learning to Serve (LTLS): 12 NC Teacher Education Programs Implementing Service-Learning: Lessons Learned.”
P.A.C.E. Conference. NC Campus Compact.February 2009. Elon, NC.
- Co-presenter, “Community Engagement as a Shared Developmental Journey.”
11th Annual Association for the Advancement of Educational Research (AAER) Conference. October 2008. Stuart, FL.
Presenter, “Evaluating Diversity Learning Outcomes: An Analysis of the Impact of Service-Learning Projects Involving Diverse Populations on Undergraduate Attitudes and Understanding.”
NC Campus Compact. 10th Annual Service-Learning Conference. February 2008.Elon, NC.
- Co-presenter, “Approaches to Designing and Enhancing Service-Learning Opportunities.”
AAC&U Conference on Co-Creating Pathways to Student Scholarship: A Developmental Trajectory of Experience, Reflection, Research, and Scholarship. April 2007. Long Beach, CA.
- Co-presenter, “The Student as Scholar: Undergraduate Research and Creative Practice.”
Read.Write.Act. National Conference.SCALE (Student Coalition for Action in Literacy Education). November 2006. UNC-Chapel Hill, NC.
- Co-presenter, “Service-Learning: Reclaiming and Assessing Reflection.”
Invited co-presenter, Students as Colleagues Institute, November 2006. Bentley College, MA.
6th Annual International Conference on Service-Learning Research, October 2006. Portland, OR.
- Preconference workshop: “Integrating Reflection and Assessment to Deepen Student Learning and Advance Faculty Scholarship”
2ndAnnual Service Learning Symposium, June2006. Cullowhee, NC.
- Co-presenter: “Enhancing Student Leadership Roles through Institutional Partnerships”
International Conference on Civic Engagement & Service-Learning, National University of Ireland at Galway, June 2005.Galway, Ireland.
- Co-presenter, “Student Leadership in Service-Learning: A Powerful Developmental Trajectory for Undergraduates”
- Co-presenter, “Shifts in Perspective and Practice Associated with Service-Learning”
- Co-presenter, “Integrating Reflection and Assessment to Enhance Student Learning”
AAC&U “Pedagogies of Engagement Conference,” April 2005: Bethesda, Maryland
- Co-presenter: “Transitioning from Traditional to Engaged Pedagogies”
Gulf South Summit on Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, April 2005. Cocoa Beach ,Florida.
- Co-presenter: “Creating and Evaluating Reflection Products through an Electronic Tutorial”
4th Annual International Conference on Advances in Service Learning Research, October 2004. Greenville, SC.
- Co-presenter: “Shifts in Perspective and Practice: Investigating the Counter-normative Nature of Service-Learning”
- Co-presenter poster session: “Integrating Reflection and Assessment to Enhance Personal, Civic, and Academic Learning Outcomes”
AAHE Assessment Conference, June 2004. Denver, Colorado
- Co-presenter pre-conference workshop: “When What You Say Isn’t What They Do: The Development of Formative and Summative Assessment Strategies to Help Guide Teaching and Learning.”
35th Annual NCSTA Professional Development Institute, November 2003.Greensboro, NC.
- Co-presenter: “Integrated Service-Learning Project.”
3rd Annual International Conference on Advances in Service Learning Research, November 2003. Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Co-presenter: “Development of Tools for Formative and Summative Assessment of Service-Learning Reflection Products”
- Panelist: “Results of a Multi-Institutional Research Agenda Using A Guided Reflection Rubric”
AAHE “Learning to Change” Conference, March 2003:
- Co-presenter: Community of Practice on “Student-Faculty Partnerships in Teaching and Learning” Washington, DC.
International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS'02) Social Implications of Information and Communication Technology. June 2002. Raleigh, NC
- Co-presenter, “Educators and Pornography: The ‘Unacceptable Use’ of School Computers.”
4th Annual NCCV SL Institute. February 2002. Elon, NC.
- Co-presenter, “WebCT: Distance-learning Technologies in Service-Learning.”