- Developed strategic communications for Google's chief financial officer and its senior vice president of access and energy, helping them communicate strategy to their teams and to Google employees via emails, company- and team-wide presentations, videos, and internal news stories.
- Crafted internal communications to Google employees for all launches and initiatives related to Google Fiber, Titan Aerospace, green energy investments, culture, real estate, and workplace services.
- Wrote speeches for former chief financial officer, helping him share his vision with both internal and external audiences on topics including quarterly earnings results, business strategy, and finance initiatives.
May 2014Sep 2015
Executive Communications Manager
Feb 2013May 2014
Executive Communications Senior Associate
Nov 2011Feb 2013
National Director of Communications
American Federation for Children
- Developed annual national communications plan and nine state plans, setting and monitoring benchmarks regarding earned media, opinion piece placement, website visitation, social media outreach, content development, e-advocacy.
- Generated earned media for organization, serving as organization's official spokesman while also developing daily content for organizations, including press releases, opinion pieces, web content, research, advocacy, and promotional materials.
- Developed and managed annual communications budget in excess of half a million dollars, supervising and managing activities of national and state-based communications staff and over a dozen print, design, web, and photography vendors.
May 2011Nov 2011
American Federation for Children
Nov 2010May 2011
American Federation for Children
Jun 2009Nov 2010
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner
Organized company's work with clients on domestic issue campaigns and with political organizations; also conducted background research, edited survey and focus group memorandums, and managed/edited marketing materials for prospective clients.
Directly aided Senior Vice President in day-to-day client interaction, planning of long-term events/engagements; conduit of research/information between clients, within organizational team, and within company.
Sep 2005Jan 2009
The Harvard Crimson, Inc.
- Chief executive officer and full-time manager of a staff of over 500 members of Cambridge’s only daily newspaper and the oldest continuously-published college paper, The Harvard Crimson, established in 1873. Held title of president from January 2008 to January 2009.
- Leadership helped secure Associated Collegiate Press' annual Pacemaker Award, given to the best college newspapers in the country.
- Developed new delivery mechanism which, based on extensive readership survey data, will increase campus-wide readership rates at substantial savings to organization.
- Exercised full financial and editorial control over a million-dollar, not-for-profit corporation and all its subsidiaries, services and auxiliary functions.
- Raised over $60,000 for The Crimson's one-of-a-kind financial aid program, which served 60 low-income students, outpacing program's annual costs by nearly $18,000.
- Helped organization earn more than $100,000 in year-end business profit, supplementing economically depressed streams of advertising with alternative revenue sources.
- Current member of The Crimson’s Graduate Council, a board of overseers that advises undergraduate members on financial and other business matters.
- Graduate Council membership includes NBC Universal President Jeff Zucker, Mad Money's Jim Cramer, and Washington Post chairman Donald Graham.
Jun 2007Aug 2008
Harvard Summer School
Supervised academic and extracurricular activities for over 25 Harvard Summer school students, predominantly from international backgrounds spanning more than a dozen countries.
Organized various house events and study breaks, chaperoned multiple Boston-area outings for both high school and college-aged students.
Jan 2007May 2007
Research Assistant to the Director
Harvard Institute of Politics
- Assisted former New Hampshire Governor and current U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) with constituent correspondence and presentations in her role as IOP Director and for political engagements; conducted research for and provided in-depth editing to her impending speeches.
- Chosen from a pool of over 90 Harvard student applicants; work with Shaheen directly followed her experience as national chair of the 2004 John Kerry Presidential campaign.
Feb 2006May 2006
W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research
- Worked on the verification of sources for American history book, "Naval Blockades in Peace and War: An Economic History Since 1750," published in December 2006 by University of Rochester Professor Stanley Engerman.
- Handled and organized manuscripts at multiple stages of book's completion, searching archives of university library system to retrieve related works.
Sep 2005Jun 2009
- Bachelor of Arts degree in History with a secondary concentration in Government.
- "New worry for voucher parents," The Advertiser [December 10, 2012]
- "First cracks appear in Tennessee GOP," The Tennessean[December 9, 2012]
- "Left gets little bang for political bucks," The Herald Times Reporter[November 10, 2012]
- "Education PACs show muscle in Tennessee races," The Commercial Appeal [November 7, 2012]
- "Pro-school choice PACs spend freely in Tennessee," The Tennessean [November 4, 2012]
- "Consequences for failing schools still undecided," The Northwestern [October 30, 2012]
- "Presidential Forum Obama/Romney: Debating Cities And Education," CBS News [October 11, 2012]
- "A young American Democrat explains his commitment to school choice," Le blog de liberté scolaire (France) [September 20, 2012]
- "Vouchers Gain Foothold Among State, Local Democrats," Education Week [September 18, 2012]
- RADIO: "College Enrollment Study," KMOX 1120AM CBS St. Louis [September 2, 2012]
- "Positions harden on vouchers," The Advocate [August 6, 2012]
- "Can Scholarship Tax Credits Save our Education System?" Loop 21 [July 27, 2012]
- "Education Reform Live Chat," Louisiana Gannett Newspapers [June 19, 2012]
- "Private Lessons," Richmond Style Weekly [May 29, 2012]
- "Gov. Christie: NJEA leaders are 'bullies' that use a '$130 million slushfund'," The Newark Star-Ledger [May 3, 2012]
- "Special Ed. Vouchers May Open Doors for Choice," Education Week [February 29, 2012]
- "School vouchers found constitutional," The Sojourn [February 1, 2012]
- "School Choice Now: The Year of School Choice, School Choice Yearbook 2011-12," Alliance for School Choice (PDF) [January 26, 2012]