Seeking a financial executive postion
Senior-level financial executive who created accounting and treasury functions at two successful, high-growth Internet start-ups. “Big 4” CPA combining unique blend of experience at publicly-held and venture-backed companies. Skilled relationship builder with drive and dedication to “make it happen.”
Jul 2008 - Jan 2009
Chief Financial Officer
·Created controlled process for daily ACH transactions and identified $1 million cash error.
·Implemented SAP Business One general ledger system.
·Identified staffing needs and hired team to support rapidly growing business.
Apr 2007 - Jul 2008
VP, Finance & Group Controller
·Transitioned from UK to US holding company and closed $13 million Series C round.
·Established consolidated reporting process and completed 3 annual audits within 10 months.
·Developed worldwide revenue reporting guidelines to conform to SOP 97-2.
Sep 2004 - May 2006
VP, Finance and Administration
·Collaborated with CEO, investors and legal counsel on Series B funding of $10 million.
·Analyzed and reported operating results to senior management and board of directors.
·Developed and updated the financial budgeting model.
·Established accounting and treasury functions to support 20% average monthly growth rate.
·Managed banking and audit relationships.
Jun 2000 - May 2004
- Established Finance function, implemented Oracle Financials and assembled 16 member team that supported company’s rapid growth to annual revenues exceeding $100 million in 3 years.
- Developed and managed banking relationships to support business initiatives.
- Negotiated agreement that increased corporate credit card rebate by $1 million.
- Implemented procedures that reduced chargeback rate from 5% to less than 10 basis points.
- Obtained 50% reduction in credit card fees and release of collateral.
Jul 1985 - Apr 2000
FIRST VICE PRESIDENT and DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
Accounting and financial reporting:
- Designed and implemented accounting and reporting system for Internet broker subsidiary.
- Coordinated monthly closing and managed analysis and reporting of business unit financials.
- Prepared and issued audited financial statements for pension and benefit plans.
- Instituted accounting policies and formalized monthly financial analysis process.
Financial systems implementation and change management:
- Determined objectives and strategies for Controller's department as member of strategic planning team.
- Implemented general ledger system and established comprehensive chart of accounts.
- Established and managed PC support department for the Controller's Organization.
- Developed plan to re-engineer the Payroll and Human Resources Departments; consolidated Payroll of two subsidiaries into one unit, increasing departmental efficiency.
- Project leader on installation of payroll and fixed assets systems.
- Implemented and directed an ongoing training program for 160 employees.
- Staffed, trained and conducted performance evaluations for the corporate accounting department.