The Oil City Library is a department of the City of Oil City and as such provide managerial and administrative services as a Department head. As Library Director, responsible for all aspects of library operations with a collection of 125,000 items and a population of approximately 14,038.
- Reporting to the Library Commission and preparing monthly meeting reports including statistics, policy initiatives, and other topics pertinent to the organization.
- Control and oversight of $521,906.00 operational budget. Including establishment, monitoring, and maximizing efforts within financial confines.
- Creation, implementation and administration of strategic initiatives.
- Lead a special strategic planning task force working with consultants to map the future of the organization.
- Creation of library policy, and procedures.
- Supervising and scheduling of ten employees and volunteers.
- Staff development.
- Creation and management of marketing programs including social media efforts.
- Completion of Pennsylvania State Library Annual Report and Use of State Aid Request.
- Serving as liaison and building relationships with local organizations, private industry, school districts, government offices and the community.
- Representing the library at district library meetings.
- Creation, implementation and administration of PaForward based literacies programming.
- Purchasing and vendor relations.
- Collection development.
- Maintaining official organizational records.
- Oversee a collaborative (three agency) multi-format local history and genealogical collection .
- Staffing circulation desk and associated tasks.
As District Administrator for the Oil Creek Library District:
- Provide administrative oversight and guidance to thirteen public libraries throughout Venango, Clarion and Jefferson counties.
- Serve as administrative liaison to the PA Department of Education Office of Commonwealth Libraries Bureau of Library Development.
- Control and oversight of $148,336.00 operational budget.
- Represent the Oil Creek Library District at biannual District Library Center meetings sponsored by Commonwealth Library.
- Assisting local libraries in developing stronger local partnerships with their communities.