Senior IT Executive with a successful history of creating partnerships with business leaders to align IT with strategic business objectives in Fortune 500 and privately held companies.Significant accomplishments in leading IT turnarounds and process improvements globally and across business departments. Effective in implementing best practices and building teams to support business goals.Possesses an intuitive ability to assess issues and produce consistent and reliable solutions.
Jan 2007 - Present
Independent IT & Strategy Advisor
Provide IT consulting and strategy development to public and not-for-profit enterprises.Selected engagements:
- Developed an IT strategy and governance process for a medium-sized organization.
- Led the development and implementation of first Strategic plan for a large not-for-profit establishing direction for “second hundred years”.
- Created a long range financial plan for fiscally challenged enterprise.Restored to net operating profit for first time in 3 years.
Sep 2005 - Nov 2006
Director, Global IT Quality and Compliance
Promoted from Life Fitness and reported to the corporate CIO.Responsible for SOX Compliance, Audit Committee Status Reporting, IT Controls, Risk assessment and IT governance.Served as the Engagement Director with Ernst & Young and for Internal IT Audit practices.Evaluated large projects and recommended corrective action to Brunswick executives. Key accomplishments:
- Created and implemented a Quality program that increased the success of IT initiatives.
> Recommended corrective actions for an enterprise Oracle implementation at Mercury Marine.Served as liaison to Mercury’s Executive Project Governance Team for Financials, Procure to Pay and Order to Cash.
> Consulted with the Boat Group IT and leaders of acquired companies to improve the process for IT merger integration.Oversaw the successful implementation of a Global (US and EMEA) project that improved ability to sell competitively in Europe.
- Created global compliance managers team to take Sarbanes-Oxley program to “repeatable” level of maturity.Expanded IT Sarbanes-Oxley effectiveness in European and Asia-Pacific divisions.
- Led team to update and redeploy Brunswick’s project management methodology.
Jan 2004 - Aug 2005
Director, Technology Delivery
Life Fitness, A Brunswick Company
Led all business applications including a large Oracle ERP implementation.Developed and implemented the Sarbanes-Oxley IT General Controls.Sponsored and participated in Lean Six Sigma team projects. Managed 20 direct and 125 indirect reports.Key accomplishments:
- Created a PMO that completed upgrades to enterprise Oracle infrastructure, considered by Brunswick CEO and Life Fitness executives to be “flawlessly” executed.Included Data Warehouse, hardware architecture and Oracle ERP.
- Reestablished the credibility of IT Department with Life Fitness and Brunswick Executive Management, while serving as acting CIO.Turned around under-performing IT operation and realigned IT with Life Fitness business strategy.
- Introduced and launched a $3MM Oracle CRM Service initiative.
Oct 2003 - Jan 2004
R. R. Donnelley
Initiated and invigorated major enhancements to the IT Services Delivery process. Key accomplishments:
- Conceived international IT inventory and strategy in China, Europe and South America.
- Developed a program to move RRD to Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 2 in 12 months.
- Proposed applications decommissioning strategy that retired non-standard applications in 25 manufacturing locations.
Jan 2000 - Jul 2002
Director, Enterprise Applications
Directed all business applications including integration with JCW’s eCommerce site.Led steering teams to ensure business success. Managed the cross-functional team comprised of Marketing, Credit, IT and Customer Care to develop new systems and business processes.IT spending represented 5% of gross revenues and 75% of capital investment.Reported to the CIO and managed 20 staff. Key accomplishments:
- Aligned IT investment decisions, which achieved business objectives and financial results. Introduced a new Order Capture system that increased Call Center productivity by 10%.
- Realized 15% sales increase through a new promotional offering.
- Implemented a multi-channel order status system that reduced customer service calls by 15%.
- Transformed Merchandising function by introducing a new data warehouse and business analysis tools.
Jan 1993 - Jan 2000
Director and Divisional CIO, Services Delivery
Smurfit-Stone Container Corp
Hired to transform the IT Department .Developed business and technical teams to deliver new technologies.Replaced 75% of application portfolio.Managed concurrent and consecutive multi-million dollar projects.Reported to the CIO. Managed 20 employees, 3 managers and 150 IT and division indirect reports for this $2B Division with 75 US locations.
- Deployed an $10MM Order Management System in 55 locations, which saved $2MM in salaries, improved on-time delivery by 5% and reduced inventories 20%. Realized business objectives through comprehensive Change Management process.
- Achieved merger integration goals by completing Data Center consolidation and re-engineering accounting systems (AR, AP and GL) to a centralized and standardized model.
- Introduced a Help Desk and Knowledge Management tools that improved IT customer service serving over 3,000 decentralized end users.
- Regained confidence of Division GM and VP’s by improving planning, communication and realizing business goals from technology investments.
Jun 1982 - Jan 1993
Inland Steel (Currently ArcelorMittal Steel)
Manager, Information and Database Management
Project Manager, Manufacturing Applications Development
Business Consultant, Inventory Management and Planning and Scheduling