Hired to do what I haven't done before and get it right the first time.
COMMUNICATIONS ▪ OPERATIONS ▪ SOLUTIONS / SERVICES / SYSTEMS
Administration - Analysis - Budgeting - Business Intelligence - Compliance - Consulting - CRM - Data - Development - eMarketing - Management - Migration OLAP - Presentation - Project - Prototyping - Research - Sales Force Automation Standards - Startup - Strategy Technical Writing - Web
Dynamic, versatile, quick-learning and self-starting leader and healer with 16+ years creating, directing and managing business, consumer and information technology service departments, products, projects and systems across e-business, education, entertainment, finance, media, software and travel industries.
- Proven Leadership: Structured departments, crafted market strategy and systems that improve results for diverse organizations in e-commerce, media and finance industries.
- Development: Designed an online analytical processing system for multinational corp. that created a multimillion-dollar revenue stream. Devised start-up strategies that far surpassed goals. Strong business system analyst, interviewer, communicator, writer and presenter.
- Turnarounds: Secured corporate sponsorship of a management training program for a chapter of Toastmasters International which revived the moribund organization.
- Data Management: Strong in Dimensional, and Relational schema. Improved databases, lists and systems for the CMP global sales team. Analyzed, created, and improved database and management reporting systems for Disney, ESPN and NBC.
- Technical: Software quick-study. Established standards using XML, UML and Erwin, Microstrategy, IBM Informix and Oracle Solaris. Microsoft Office and SQL Expert. Video.
Feb 2016 - Present
Sr. Desktop Support Technician
DCi Technology Solutions
• Provide final-tier support to end users and LOBs for all technology issues including applications, communications, hardware, networks, policies, software, systems, and vendors within an 8-hour SLA.
• Work collaboratively as a team member to manage compliance, inventory, project tasks, information security and special requests.
• Properly collect, communicate, resolve, transfer and update tickets in real-time with detailed product, quality and service category codes including method, resolution, service level breach, and effort.
• Create, maintain and update databases, directories, documentation and information systems.
Jan 2014 - Present
- On-call temporary to replace management, security and volunteer roles when needed.
Mar 2013 - Mar 2013
Improve Our World
- Creatively assist in product and presentation development for pre-startup.
Sep 2011 - Jan 2013
- Direct customer experience and operations of outside services for popular golf course.
Jan 2002 - Jan 2010
Circulation Director / Consultant
Deliver energy, insight, expertise and organizational leadership to achieve revenue and profit targets of a boutique consulting firm and its small business clients. Assess needs and formulate and present solutions packages to decision makers. Define deliverables, allocate resources; institute metrics and execute website design, e-marketing, content management, customer relationship and compliance programs. Engage vendors; author and produce documentation; monitor benchmarks and control budgets. Cultivate and manage relationships, and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Developed and directed circulation, client services, and vendor management for niche trade magazine start-up. Data expertise increased profits by 66%, greatly exceeding plan.
- Provide web development, hosting, computer installation & repair, needs analysis and technical recommendations for hardware, e-marketing (social networking, email marketing, marketing automation), and content management systems adoption.
- Extracted and migrated internal data to vendor systems, including Salesforce.com.
- Performed annual audits and achieved Periodical Certification.
May 2001 - Oct 2001
- Developed and improved administration and management of data, systems and workflow for CMP/M-Business Magazine Global Sales Team, including database administration, data migration, prospect/lead analysis, list cleaning, software research, and competitive reporting
Apr 2000 - Jan 2001
Online Travel Services Manager
- Launched e-commerce consumer travel service department for pre-IPO portal in 30 days. Directed day-to-day operations and staff of six. Earned over $500,000 in sales in one year.
- Aligned IT/IS resources to support growth, contain costs, and ensure operational stability.
- Initiated and developed operational data, quality control, reporting and training systems.
- Proactively discovered, analyzed, and recommended solutions for legal and quality issues.
Jan 1999 - Feb 2000
The Right Connections
- Developed, optimized and troubleshot administrative systems and management reporting for Disney, ESPN and NBC.
May 1998 - Jan 1999
Internet Research Analyst
- Researched, analyzed and presented to potential clients on information design, security and system architecture.
Mar 1996 - Apr 1998
Programmer / Analyst
- Interviewed, defined and translated nomenclature, technical capabilities and solutions between technical and non-technical staff for business system requirements and analysis.
- Prototyped, developed Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) system using ER/Win, Informix, Solaris, Microstrategy establishing new million-dollar revenue stream.
- Modeled advanced MTL program using XML, UML, Word, and Visio establishing enterprise standards for emerging technology design and documentation (Business Intelligence).
- Analyzed metro credit record, designed and planned capacity of 6TB Knowledge Database.
- Interviewed, assembled, wrote, edited and presented cross-functional documentation for several project teams and products, concurrently.
- Coordinated department-wide rapid build environment and documentation deliverables.
- Acted as department liaison to identify issues, control expectations and acquire knowledge.
- Led transformation of Toastmasters International Chapter into corporate-sponsored management training program. Club is now larger, funded, and has won greater credibility.
Jul 1995 - Mar 1996
- Collaborated with group executives to define and refine objectives, missions and messages; created multimedia presentations for group meetings and Board of Directors.
- Interviewed and consulted clients, management and teams on creative production, end-user delivery architecture, performance and emerging technology critical to project.
- Supported staff of more than 80 programmers, six team leaders, and department head.
Sep 2001 - May 2004
Masters of Business Administration
University of Phoenix
Sep 1990 - Jan 1993
Bachelor of Arts (magna cum laude)
San Francisco State University
Sep 1990 - Present
Certified Massage Technician (CMT)
Berkeley Acupressure Institute
Jan 2000 - Present
Data Warehousing / OO Concepts
Jan 1997 - Present
Jan 1998 - Present
Silicon Valley Small Business Center
Jan 1997 - Present
Introduction to C Programming
Jan 1997 - Present
SQL / Relational Database Design
Analysis / Research
Web 2.0 - Internet World - CNET’s WebBuilder Conference
ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management
26th SMPTE Advanced Television and Electronic Imaging Conference
SMPTE Annual Conferences – MacWorld – eMarketing – Enterprise Data
- "Effective Virtual Design of Multi-Dimensional Data Models and Interfaces,” New Paradigms in Information Visualization and Manipulation, ACM/CIKM’97, Las Vegas, 1997
- “The Organization of Information,” Applied Design, San Francisco State University, 1996
- “Contrapuntal Sound #1,” New American Makers Award, San Francisco , January 1994
- “The Dionysian Festival,” LMU Classics Society, Loyola Marymount University, March 1988