Visitor Experience Associate
The Portland Museum of Art
At the Portland Museum of Art, my responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and professional attitude while being able to promote the best of the PMA through exceptional and efficient customer service to visitors.
- Going above and beyond to provide information, promote and process related programming such as special events, tours, and lectures.
- Providing additional support for special events, provides accommodations for patrons.
- Responsible for accurate collection of transaction and visitor data to strengthen the PMA’s fundraising and constituent relationship databases, as well as documenting constituent information into the museum database, focusing on relationship building and therefore being able to enhance communication museum wide.
- Performing daily cash out procedures and reconciles all funds received. Assists with routine clerical functions as assigned including bank deposit preparation.
- Assisting with museum security by explaining and monitoring PMA regulations, authorizing or denying admittance of packages and other items and assisting with crowd control.
- Handling the majority of phone transactions and provides consistent and accurate communication of PMA information. Responds to visitor requests and questions and serves as operator, directing calls as needed to appropriate staff and/or extensions.
- Processing in-person and phone inquiries, reservations and sales transactions for all PMA programming including general admissions, tours, special events, and lectures.