Senior Program Coordinator
Education in Action Foundation
Member of evaluation and program team that investigates, awards, and manages grants supporting creative programming in Jewish education and cultural awareness. Participate in the Foundation's strategic planning process and manage a wide array of projects and operational functions.
Program Coordination: Annually, manage a portfolio of grant semifinalists, serving as primary point of contact and advising on program development. Conduct site visits and prepare recommendations for Board review.
- Conceived idea for 2 innovative "seed grant" programs to support mini-initiatives that fall below general grant guidelines. Worked with executive director to refine the concept and prepare Board presentation; pilot programs planned for 2008.
- Created and implemented a new office-wide process to ensure the accuracy and consistency of information given to all potential applicants.
Administrative Management: Ensure smooth running of office and continuously seek opportunities to improve operational efficiency and consistency.
- Investigated and initiated new purchasing program, cut office-supply expenses by 50%.
- Created centralized records system that, for the first time, provides immediate and easily accessible information about grants at every stage from application through award and reporting.
Writing and Publication: Write, edit, and publish printed materials including award books and bios, grant and award guidelines, newsletter, and ongoing correspondence with applicants and recipients.
- Revitalized the Foundation's newsletter, increasing frequency of publication and expanding distribution from a handful to more than 300 people. Serve as chief writer and editor.