Academic Program Manager
VMware is the known leader of business infrastructure virtualization software solutions, from the individual PC to enterprise level infrastructure. Its Academic Program (VMAP) enables academics and researchers free & easy access to the latest virtualization technologies and related resources through this program’s offerings.
- Evangelize program offerings, internally & externally, through various web presences, program presentations and publications.
- Direct day-to-day program operations & administration (including, but not limited to, budget/expense tracking/forecasting, creating and managing advisory boards, and the drafting of annual program roadmaps and goals).
- Evolve the program by gathering and leveraging competitive intelligence data and member feedback to direct the appropriate change efforts.
- Develop and contribute content for several internal and external web portals.
- Identify and develop meaningful collaboration partnerships with researchers and universities.
- Manage and cultivate key stakeholder relations worldwide through coordinating funding opportunities and tailoring engagement approaches at academic conferences and events.
- Co-lead the team dedicated to courseware development initiatives.
- Organized and delivered a seamless exclusive annual event for 3 consecutive years.
- Project managed the creation and launch of the GoVirtual website.
- Drove worldwide program growth from 200 to over 2,200 members.
- Initiated and implemented international expansion efforts by leveraging existing resources, resulting in the localization of VMware developed (and delivered) courseware material and increased company visibility on several non-U.S. based college campuses.
- Encouraged and managed local site participation in Boston PIC's "Job Shadow Day" event, in an effort to encourage area high school girls to pursue their interests in technology ('09 & '10).