I enjoy volunteering with the Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services Pet Program, vegetarian cooking, cross-stitching and international travel.
After spending the majority of my career in the high-tech world, I am now ready to explore other industries. My interests cover a broad spectrum, ranging from content development, organizational behavior, health & wellbeing to animal welfare and music.
Just as the breadth of my interests is vast, so, too, is my professional skill set. Program management requires an individual to wear several different hats, often simultaneously. Because of this, I have acquired an assortment strengths, all of which I believe would be assets to almost any organization.
My ideal role would allow me to produce work that benefits others, further develop my writing abilities, engage my creativity and would provide room for both personal & professional growth. The ideal organization would be socially conscious, encourage employee development, and offer a positive working environment which clearly values employee time & contributions.
May 2007 - Present
Academic Program Manager
VMware is the known leader of business infrastructure virtualization software solutions, from the individual PC to enterprise level infrastructure. Its Academic Program (VMAP) enables academics and researchers free & easy access to the latest virtualization technologies and related resources through this program’s offerings.
- Evangelize program offerings, internally & externally, through various web presences, program presentations and publications.
- Direct day-to-day program operations & administration (including, but not limited to, budget/expense tracking/forecasting, creating and managing advisory boards, and the drafting of annual program roadmaps and goals).
- Evolve the program by gathering and leveraging competitive intelligence data and member feedback to direct the appropriate change efforts.
- Develop and contribute content for several internal and external web portals.
- Identify and develop meaningful collaboration partnerships with researchers and universities.
- Manage and cultivate key stakeholder relations worldwide through coordinating funding opportunities and tailoring engagement approaches at academic conferences and events.
- Co-lead the team dedicated to courseware development initiatives.
- Organized and delivered a seamless exclusive annual event for 3 consecutive years.
- Project managed the creation and launch of the GoVirtual website.
- Drove worldwide program growth from 200 to over 2,200 members.
- Initiated and implemented international expansion efforts by leveraging existing resources, resulting in the localization of VMware developed (and delivered) courseware material and increased company visibility on several non-U.S. based college campuses.
- Encouraged and managed local site participation in Boston PIC's "Job Shadow Day" event, in an effort to encourage area high school girls to pursue their interests in technology ('09 & '10).
Feb 2006 - May 2007
Intern & Co-op Program Manager
- Oversaw, designed, and organized the technical and undergraduate business intern and co-op program, which supports approximately 150-200 students annually.
- Facilitated intern performance management process (which actively runs the duration of the term) as well as all intern related events (welcome dinners, off-site trips, weekly technical information sessions, etc). Also responsible for launching the online version of this process, where it had previously been manual.
- Managed end-to-end exit process by conducting exit interviews and facilitating hiring meetings.
- Collaborated regularly with various internal business partners to strengthen existing processes and implement program expansion.Most recent collaboration entails developing comprehensive online tools/guidance for all interns, managers, and mentors.
- Managed intern on-boarding process, to include relocation arrangements, visa processing, a three-hour orientation session, communicating logistics and expectations with managers, and organizing intern/manager networking events.
- Worked to build new relationships with university Co-op programs in order to create a balance in current student volume.
- Responsible for coordinating Diversity efforts, ranging from national conferences to local luncheons.
Mar 2002 - Jan 2006
Sr. Recruiting Coordinator
- Planned, coordinated and executed campus recruiting events, including 15 on-campus career fairs, 20 presentations, and over 190 on-campus interviews per academic year.
- Mentored new coordinators and trained recruiters joining my team as well as those within the rest of the department.
- Partnered with college recruiter in building hiring manager and school relationships in order to support campus recruiting hiring goals while delivering a fantastic candidate and interviewer experience.