Seeking to obtain employment as an experienced IT professional with expertise in Windows-based environments, networking and computer repair. Outstanding customer service skills resolving technical issues and educating end-users. Team player making significant contributions to team and individual success.
2009 - Present
Lead Service Technician
Texas Computer Guru
* Performed hardware and software support and installation.* Participated in field installations, engineering and customer support. * Diagnosed hardware problems with modems, printers, cables, or telephones. * Performed in-home repair of computer systems and related equipment by removing and replacing components or reconfiguring and restoring systems. * Performed troubleshooting of computer systems and related equipment.* Performed software and mechanical upgrades. * Replaced and upgraded motherboards, CD-ROMs, and hard drives. * Configured and diagnosed client/server problems.
* Performed malware removal from client computers.
2006 - 2008
Apple Care Representative IV (Tier 2 Helpdesk Specialist)
Apple Computers, Inc
* Provided advanced pre and post sales technical support for Apple hardware and software products.* Handled crisis situations in a calm and capable manner. * Provided operating system maintenance. * Provided hardware and software recommendations to perspective customers. * Troubleshot computer, printer, and other peripheral problems. * Reviewed procedures and offered technical solutions to improve productivity.
2005 - 2006
Mountain/West Division Team Leader
Harte Hankes, Inc.
* Compiled and documented various statistical data. * Authored a set of information systems security policies, processes, and procedures. * Developed and conducted information systems security training and awareness. * Analyzed and improved operations, which increased productivity. * Conducted classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques, procedures, and methods of customer service and use of the Fedex Ship Manager Software. * Selected and assembled books, materials, and supplies for courses and projects. * Prepared outline of instructional program, lesson plans, and established course goals. * Presented lectures and conducted discussions to increase students' knowledge and competence.
2002 - 2005
Computer Support Specialist
Tek Xtreme Xperts
* Installed and performed minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design and installation specifications. * Referred major hardware and software problems and defective products to vendors and technicians for service. * Conferred with staff, users, and management to determine requirements for new systems and modifications.* Inspected equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users. * Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attended conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software. * Maintained record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
1999 - 2002
United States Navy
* Provided wide range of administrative and clerical duties to the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Command Master Chief. * Key accountabilities included administrative functions (activity reports, ad-hoc reports, expense reports, confidential correspondence, presentation development, and scheduling/calendar maintenance) combined with event planning and coordination (travel arrangements, conference-call scheduling, meeting planning, promotional events, and collateral-material preparations).