Examples of Accomplishments :-
A Community Grand Marshall San Francisco Pride 2014: "Color Our World With Pride"
San Francisco Africa Leadership Institute (SFALI) - Director - LGBT Relief Campaigns, Forums, strategies and resources impacting decriminalization of sexuality, LGBT empowerment and resources for asylees and refugees,.
Private Courts :- Human rights, conflict resolution, mediation, communications and strategies.
Advocate:- Orchestrated and led advocacy to obtain the introduction of Private Bill # 867 by Senator Feinstein in April 2009, on behalf of Shirley Tan, a lesbian mother who faced immediate deportation; resulted stay of deportation and in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on the issue.
Advocacy strategy - led and successfully orchestrated by advocating to member of the U.S. Congress the release of an undocumented lesbian partner from detention.
Provided testimony to Senator Patrick Leahy, (D- VT) for the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the Uniting American Families Act (UAFA) (June, 2009);
Testimony in California Assembly and Senate for a resolution in support of UAFA;
Participated in conference to advise Secretary for Housing & Urban Development for President Obama's commission on discrimination against gays and lesbians (LGBT) in housing and tenancy; the series led to sweeping reforms.
Creator and author of innovative special LGBT immigration visa currently in the form of a Petition on Change.org to assist same-sex spouses and partners with entry and residency in the U.S.A.
Pitched and accomplished publication of Shirley Tan's story as a matter of urgency to press as a strategy to win public support - the story published in PEOPLE MAGAZINE and San Jose Mercury News, to be picked up by multiple TV networks and news outlets.
Advocated successfully to deny Ugandan Anti-gay editor a visa to USA and further to isolate him as a journalist from academia http://oblogdeeoblogda.me/2012/10/20/ugandan-university-regrets-invitation-to-editor-of-hang-the-gays-article/
Appointed by Marin County Board of Supervisors to serve on Marin County Human Rights Commission;
Activist -After blogging and following the story of so called "corrective" rape victims and survivors, in South African townships, writing numerous articles which served as the impetus for the international on-line petition on change.org resulting generated over 200,000 global signatures. This resulted directly in an invitation by South Africa's Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, the Hon. Jeff Radebe, to attend a meeting with him in Parliament to discuss reforms.
Drafted reforms for ministerial meeting, prepared NGO's and attended forum as lead spokesperson for Luleki Sizwe, resulting in a second meeting and an agreement for Government and LGBTI to partner in a task force for reforms and hate crimes legislation in South Africa. (2011)
Advocated in the cases for LGBTI asylum seekers
Blogging platforms and advocacy for decriminalization of homosexuality in Africa.
As a Political Editor; assisted in bringing new blog to a popular high ranking and politically influential News/ Magazine/Blog site;
As an LGBT Activist Blogger / Writer:- Written over 2500 Articles (news, opinion & advocacy) - LGBTI, social justice, human rights and political Issues: so called "corrective rape" of lesbians in Southern Africa, Ugandan Anti-homosexuality law, Same-Sex couples and immigration to the USA, marriage equality, immigration reform, international LGBTI refugee and asylum advocacy;
Attorney: Successful representation in death sentence case in South Africa during Apartheid era;
Mediator: Settled approximately 200 divorce/ custody cases/ and 30 commercial disputes;
Film: Producer Short Videos: Gay PSA Announcement , Music Video, LGBT Commercials
Guest and OP-ED Contributor:
- The Advocate
- LGBTQ Nation
- Florida Agenda
- MS. magazine
- Speaker SAfAIDS Forum South Africa 2014.
- Speaker SFALi Forum with Ugandan Member of Parliament 2014
- San Francisco Pacific Fertility Center 2014
- Keynote Speaker, One Pride Florida, 2013.
- Speaker - Mainstage San Francisco Pride 2014
- Keynote Speaker: Cape Town Pride, South Africa 2011 - Gala and Stadium Main stage
- Speaker:Rally Teen Suicide , County of Marin, 2010
- Speaker:Castro memorial for Ugandan Activist, David Kato (2011)
- MEUSA: Proposition 8 Rally; Ninth Circuit Rally (2011)
- FHOM: MC Not a Genuine Black Man - Brian Copeland Performance 2010
- FHOM: Annual Fundraiser Fashion Show - (2007, 2008, 2009)
- MHRC: Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Award Dinner, San Rafael, CA - Speaker and Presenter (2010)
- Guest Host on Swirl Radio; (2011)
- Equality Across America: Speaker & Workshop Presenter, Austin Texas, (2010)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association: Guest Speaker (2007)
- San Francisco Human Rights Commission: Guest Speaker with Tom Armiano on immigration equality (2010)
- Marriage Equality Rally Across Golden Gate Bridge: Rally speaker