- Change Management
- Organizational Development
- Performance Management
- Business Process Redesign
- Training & Facilitation
- Recruitment & Selecion
International consultant and Human Capital professional with experience across functions in a variety of industries and organizations.
Interested in working with organizations that believe in the value of talent management and embed it throughout their operations.
BBVA Bancomer Mexico:
- Developed a new organizational structure, job descriptions and the required competencies for each position in the Cash Management area, which resulted in a 25% in personnel headcount and a 30% estimated annual saving in salaries.
- Identified functions suitable for outsourcing as a means of achieving further savings.
Bank of Mexico Fund Correspondents:
- Developed a new organizational structure, job descriptions and the skills required for each position based on the new strategic focus of the area.
- Established a new performance evaluation scheme in the area.
- Developed a financial model to assist the Cash Management area to optimize the bank’s profitability through the strategic use of the fund correspondents.
Mennonite General Hospital Corporation:
- Facilitated sessions to define Strategy Maps and related metrics as part of the launch of the Balanced Scorecard in the corporation.
- Collaborated with the management team to develop strategies and policies related to human capital, quality and IT systems.
- Coached client personnel in the redesign of processes at the organization’s Medical Insurance division, Health Centers, Hospice and Mental Health Facility.
- Trained users and developed user guides as part of the roll-out of a new Performance Management system.
- Defined the organizational structure, job descriptions, personal profiles and required skills as part of the implementation of SAP in the finance and supply chain areas.
- Evaluated the skills of Caribbean personnel to fill the new positions.
- Designed and applied an organizational climate survey and analyzed training needs to create detailed change management and training plans to ensure an effective transition to the new structure.
Mennonite General Hospital Aibonito:
- Designed and coordinated training seminars and assignments for managers and supervisors.
- Coached and gave assignment feedback to managers and supervisors to develop their leadership abilities and to support the change process as part of a process redesign project.
Gerber, Glaxo SmithKline, Cayey Municipality and other organizations:
- Evaluated clients’ managerial skills and analyzed their performance, operations and policies to identify improvement opportunities and develop the scope of and business case for project proposals.
Mova Pharmaceuticals (Patheon):
- Evaluated the degree to which changes made in the purchasing, planning, quality, maintenance, inventory management, warehouse and distribution areas were still being applied post-project.
- Presented findings and developed action plans with the management team to improve the areas that needed additional attention.
Jun 2006 - Present
Sr. Management Consultant
- Designed, sold and implemented organizational development, operations and general management projects to develop clients' personnel and achieve measurable operational improvements.
- Developed the company's best practices knowledge base, tools to be used by consultants and clients, as well as marketing materials, the company's website and articles for publication.
- Managed the company's recruitment and selection process.
Industries: Government, Healthcare, Insurance and Professional Services.
Sep 2008 - Dec 2008
Senior Consultant - Freelance
- Designed a new organizational structure to support the implementation of new processes and IT system.
- Redesigned the governance model for business units involved in the project.
Nov 2004 - May 2006
- Led teams of client personnel in the design and implementation of organizational development and process improvement projects.
- Designed and coordinated managerial training seminars and facilitated coaching sessions to develop leadership skills and support the change process at all levels of client organizations.
- Analyzed improvement needs as part of the organizational diagnosis process and prepared project proposals for clients’ management teams.
Industries: Retail, Consumer Goods, Pharmaceutical, Distribution, Healthcare, Manufacturing.
Feb 2003 - Aug 2003
Corporate Training and Development Intern
- Collaborated in various international and multi-functional projects teams to implement Human Resource and Organizational Development solutions at the local and global level.
- Administered and analyzed 360° evaluations and performed feedback sessions to identify training needs and develop interventions aligned with business needs.
- Facilitated workshops and training sessions for senior management, high potentials and a variety of other groups and divisions.
- Led a team of training and development leaders from the North American region to improve their ability to demonstrate training’s impact and to create and share best practice policies, procedures and tools.
Industries: Automotive, Consumer Goods and Industrial Technology.
Aug 1999 - Sep 2000
Human Resources Intern at a Manufacturing Facility
- Performed administrative activities including managing the recruitment and selection process, administering psychometric tests, tracking departmental metrics, coordinating performance evaluations, salary adjustments, etc.
- Provided advice and support to managers and employees on matters related to human resources to promote good relations and ensure consistent treatment of all personnel.
- Evaluated the performance management and recruitment and selection processes and developed a series of operational and strategic recommendations to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
Oct 2001 - Oct 2003
Final Grade: 1,3 (Equivalent to [A] grade).
Focus of studies: International Management.
Focus of Thesis: Investigation into the Effectiveness of Training Evaluation.
Worked as part of several cross-cultural teams on international operations and strategy projects with global firms.
Sep 1997 - Jul 2001
BA (Hons) Business Studies
Final Grade: 2:1 (Equivalent to [A-] grade)
Focus of Studies: Human Resource Administration, Talent Development and Marketing.
Focus of Dissertation: Investigation into the Effectiveness of Performance Appraisals.
Graduated with honors.
Attained the highest thesis grade in my class of approximately 120 students.