I first and foremost enjoy my work and take my job very seriously. My goal as an Administrative Assistant is to treat every customer like they are the most important customer. I strive to assist peers so as to ease their workload and make their job easier. I enjoy tackling multiple projects at once and welcome the daily challenges that arise. I take pride in planning even the simplest of details to ensure the success of an office.
Dedicated Administrative Assistant offering many years experience; seeking a challenging position where I can utilize my expertise and passion to contribute to the success of an office.
- Planned and executed three major promotional events for one of the world's leading pump manufacturers. - Daparak, Inc.
- Took initiative and researched old purchase orders and collected over $50,000 in unpaid commissions from manufacturers. - Daparak, Inc.
- Developed and maintained first websites for the Department of Telecommunications, Revenue Accounting, and the Office of Student Fees. - Georgia Southern University
- Promoted from Receptionist to Commercial Account Representative within one year.- Lackey Saunders Company Company, Inc.
- Coordinated the production of policy manuals for use by all NASA facilities. - NASA Langley Research Center.
Feb 2009 - Present
Provide administrative support to the Vice President and Regional Manager of Human Resources, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Senior Director of Billing, and Director of Resident Relations
Provide weekly call center data and graphs to the CEO, prepare reporting to the Director of Resident Relations used for representative feedback.
Design forms and presentations utilizing Microsoft products.
Coordinate meeting logistics for small and large company functions.
Assist Regional Marketing Director with preparation for trade shows.
Maintain confidentiality when compiling exit interview data for the Vice President of Human Resources.
Coordinate maintenance needs and logistics with property management.
Maintain office and conference room calendars, contacts, non-inventory purchasing of office supplies, and assist residents with billing questions.
Aug 2001 - Jul 2009
- Provide full administrative support to the President, Vice President, engineers, and outside and inside sales staff.
- Organize logistical details of on-site and off-site functions
- Produce monthly sales analysis reports.
- Monitor the status of commission orders and ensure proper payment from manufactures.
- Produce Submittals and Operation and Maintenance manuals for engineered projects requiring extensive preparation.
- Prepare monthly commission statements.
- Review expense reports and maintain company credit card.
- Create flyers and brochures.
- Process expense reports and invoices reflecting proper adherence to company policies.
- Maintain company calendar and contacts.
- Design and maintain the company intranet and customer websites.
- Coordinate the interviewing process between management and new hire candidates.
- Maintain company literature, non-inventory purchasing for office and warehouse, coordinate vacation, and answer complex multi-line VoIP telephone for four offices.
- Hire and train temporary office personnel.
Aug 1999 - Aug 2001
Commercial Accounts Representative
Lackey Saunders Company, Inc.
Review insurance policies at renewal for accuracy and additional coverage needs, amend policies with changes as needed, provide proof of coverage for insureds, meet with insureds to obtain information for quoting insurance, complete all applications and correspondence necessary for obtaining coverage, answer multi-line telephone, accounts receivable, daily and monthly back-up of server, and train all new employees.
Aug 1996 - Jul 1999
Georgia Southern University
Assist students with questions and problems regarding student fees and federal student loans, review promissory notes for accuracy and input data for federal use, maintain appointment calendar for the Director of Revenue Accounting, conduct telephone interviews for various positions, arrange travel, trouble shoot campus-wide telephone problems, distribute campus monthly telephone bill, create student publications, type correspondence, transcription from dictaphone, monitor departmental VISA Card expenditures, prepare PowerPoint presentations, prepare timesheets for employees, prepare University telephone directory to be included in the State of Georgia telephone directory, monitor listserves for each department, train and supervise Work Study students, answer multi-line telephone, order supplies, and filing.
Nov 1995 - Jun 1996
Prepare and notarize all contracts and correspondence for owners purchasing a
timeshare estate, maintain a log of sales volume for each salesman, print and
distribute project reports each week, collect on past due accounts, and train new
Jul 1992 - Nov 1995
NASA Langley Research Center
Arrange travel, prepare technical papers and PowerPoint presentations for engineers, produce policy and procedure manuals, and train new co-ops.
Introduction to Business, Business Law, Accounting, Shorthand, Keyboarding II, Microcomputer Operating Systems, Office Procedures, Psychology, Sociology, Marketing, and Public Speaking.
Georgia Southern University (Center for Excellence in Teaching)
Various web design courses
Business Math, Microsoft Windows Sharepoint, Specialized Applications, and Keyboarding III
Jul 2009 - Aug 2011
Associate of Science
Project Management, Advanced Microsoft Excel, Business Communications, Professional Development, Microsoft Word 2010, and English Composition.