I am a passionate, dynamic, multilingual technology and public policy professional with an expertise in government innovation and community engagement.Currently an MPA candidate at Sciences Po Paris, I have worked with the French government on a taxation policy for the digital economy and as a compliance analyst with both the G20 and BRICS research groups. As a frequent guest lecturer at a number of Universities in the US on New Media and its role in Politics, I am comfortable giving presentations in Italian and French as well in English.
French, Italian, Spanish, English
November 2011, University of Southern California, Jesse Unruh Institute for Politics Guest Lecture, "Digital Media in Political Campaigns" April 2011, University of California Berkeley, Matsui Institute for Governmental Studies Guest Lecture, "Campaigns and New Media: Crafting Your Message in a Digital Age"
Jan 2013 - Present
BRICS Research Group
- Write official compliance guidelines on trade protectionism according to commitments made at 2010-2011 BRICS Summit
- Oversee a team of analysts in their compliance reports and ability to assess commitments made at BRICS summit
Nov 2012 - Present
- Assess compliance of Italy, the United States, and the UK on socioeconomic commitments made at G20 summits
- Translate and interpret data and government records in Italian and English
Jan 2012 - Present
Social Media Consultant
Melissa Blaustein Media
- Independent Contractor in Social Media working primarily with non profits and corporate clients on social media strategy
- Key Client included Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants. Oversaw digital media strategy for 60+ Restaurants and worked with Director of Marketing to provide guidance on strategy and implementation of SEO, social media, email campaigns and web presence.
Nov 2012 - Jan 2013
English Speaking Liaison
Ministry of the Economy, Republic of France Blue Ribbon Panel on Taxing the Digital Economy
- Work with project director on strategies to establish the first ever user-based taxation of the digital economy in the world
- Brainstorm framing for smart disclosure tax law and best practices for smart disclosure in taxation
- Edit and write English version of executive summary of final bill which employs data and users as taxable assets.
Jan 2011 - Nov 2011
Digital Director and Deputy Press Secretary
Dennis Herrera for Mayor
- Manage an online community of 75,000 +
- Pitch stories to press on a daily basis
- Respond to press inquiries and draft releases on key issues in the race
- Run a robust Social Media program on Twitter and Facebook focusing on engagement and growth of online presence
Aug 2010 - Nov 2010
Giffords was the only woman and one of 14 Democrats nationwide to win in a Republican-leaning district in 2010. Campaign won48.69% to 47.23% (4,156 votes) in a U.S.-Mexico border district with no statewide Democratic victories.
- Manage online community for a DCCC "Frontline" Congressional campaign, including daily social media, email program
and website development for an online community of 25,000 +
- Grew active email list from 9,000 to 11,000 users in the course of 3 months
- Grew facebook following from 2,345 to 6,510 total fans and 1,212 to 7,120 weekly visits.
- Recognized by PC Magazine as the fastest growing democratic campaign facebook page
- Grew twitter following from approximately 900 to 1,586 followers
- Wrote blast emails, press releases, letter to the editor requests, facebook notes and website copy
- Along with campaign manager and communicaitons director, oversaw web design and paid new media consultants
Jan 2010 - Jun 2010
Digital Strategy Intern
• Created and maintained content on Whitehouse.gov a website that receives 100,000 + visits per week, content included theWH blog, WH "open for Questions" online town halls and the White House 101 page• Developed case studies of new media initiatives such as "State of the Union 2.0" and "Budget on e-reader"• Wrote step by step guides to new media programs such as Twitter and Facebook for senior WH staffers• Assisted in production of videos for WH.gov that received 5,000 + views on VIMEO and WH.gov website
Aug 2012 - Present
Masters of Public Affairs
The Sciences Po MPA is a highly selective international masters focusing on new policy for a changing world. Housed in one of Europe’s most prestigious political science institutions, the MPA combines global perspectives with practical applications.
New Media BootCamp
Selected from a pool of 10,000+ candidates to participate in intensive digital media training on tech in government and politics.