Middle School Teacher: Language Arts, sixth, seventh and eighth grade
American School of Guatemala
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitates active learning experiences.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students in the classroom.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction, including Google Classroom, Powerschool, Teenbiz Reading Program, iPads.
- Observes and evaluates students’ performances and development.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of students’ progress.
- Manages student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Updates teaching with developments in subject area, teaching and assessment methods.
- Participates in staff meetings, addressing concerns including student support, family relations, staff cooperation and community activities.
- Designs and develops curriculum for middle school Language Arts, aligned to meet Common Core State standards. Updates curriculum using the Atlas world-wide system.
- Leads the ELA department as Language Arts Liaison for the past ten years, including vertical and horizontal department meetings.
- Provides before and after school help for students who needed extra curricular support.
- Fosters parent involvement through regular communication and invitations to participate in classroom activities and events.