Director of Learning and Development
Insight Enterprises, Inc. (NSIT) provides information technology hardware, software, and services to more that 80% of the Global Fortune 500. The organization has over 5,300 employees and was ranked 484 on the 2009 'Fortune 500' list.Leader of Learning and Development and Organizational Development for North America Business Unit with additional responsibility for global L&D strategy and budget.P&L responsibility for $3M annual budget.Second level manager with five direct reports and responsibility for a team of over 21 resources in multiple sites in the US and Canada.Managing teams engaged in new hire inside and field training, sales process and skills training, hardware/software product training, and management and leadership development.
- Improved revenue in new hire telesales teams.Leader of a cross functional team charged with improving the performance of telesales agents in the first 12 months of tenure by defining a new strategy for the total management of that group and aligning people, process, technology to that strategy.Cut time to productivity from 18 months to 11 months.Individual sales rep revenue is currently 150% of goal while in training.
- Improved operational efficiency in L&D. Developed strategic and operational plans for L&D to support business transformation and operational improvement.Reduced headcount expenses by 30% and vendor spend by 60% while improving the quality and relevance of learning events.
- Driving measureable business results from Learning initiatives through the implementation of the Advantage Way Methodology.Tied Success Case methodology to total ROI methodology to determine training effectiveness.
- Implemented change management methodology and process. Partnered with North American President and Sr. Executive Leadership team to drive program strategy and change management for large scale reengineering projects.
- Partnered with Executive Sales Leadership to implement a new capabilities messaging training program for field sales teams.Currently working with Inside sales leadership to modify the program for tele-sales teams.
- Currently leading global Executive Talent Review / Succession Planning and related executive development programs.