Sep 2008 - Present
Jan 1993 - Aug 2008
Almergib University is the third bigest universities in Libya, I was a teaching staff in Electrical and computer Department, which consistsof five subdepartments (Communiction, Computer, power, Control and Mechaeletronics). I was an active member in the first and second Deprt.
From March 2006 to August , 2008 I worked as a University Lecturer in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. During this period I taught a number of courses in the Electrical Communication Section of the department including the following courses:
- EC 360 Communication Engineering I
- EC 340 Electromagnetic I
- EC 200 Fundamentals of Circuit theories
- GS 204 Mathematics IV (Differential Equations)
- On September 01, 2008 I was sent overseas to study after I had obtained a scholarship from the university for 5 years to conduct a graduate study towards the PhD degree.
- I also supervised a BSc degree graduation project and participated in various laboratory and research activities as well as student academic supervisory and administrative duties.
- I published many conference papers in the area of 3G mobile networks and wireless Communications.
Oct 1996 - Dec 2007
Signalling and Communication
Libyan Railway Company
The Railway project is under desinand construction, I was working in the Engineering Mangment under the Signalling and Communication, where the specifications have to be assigned, and reviewing of the contracts which are proposed by several companies.
I had a lot of contributions to make the first backbone of this project.
I took alot of computer programming courses during my work with this board.
I was sent to UK for training.
Sep 2009 - Present
Feb 2003 - May 2006
Master of Scinces
Al-Fateh University is the biggest university in LIBYA, It has along relative academic history.
My Thesis was in Wireless Telecommunication mobile systems, specifically in 3G mobile network planning
Design and evaluation mobile networks
- Mohamed Elalem, A.S. Akki “Uplink Capacity Coverage Product in CDMA mobile networks”, WOC (Wireless & Optical Communications 2008), Quebec City, May 2008 Canada.
- Mohamed Elalem,A.S. Akki "Capacity Coverage Product in CDMA mobile networks for planning and evaluations", The National Conference for Information Technology & Communication Libya/ Tripoli May 2008.
- Mohamed Elalem, A.S. Akki "Effect of non-uniform user distribution on Capacity and coverage for a CDMA mobile network" The National Conference for Information Technology & Communication Libya/ Tripoli May 2008.
- Mohamed Elalem, Lian Zhao "Realistic user distribution and its impact on Capacity and coverage For a WCDMA mobile network" IEEE Sarnoff, May, 2009, NJ, USA.
- Mohamed Elalem, Lian Zhao “Interference Mitigation Using Power Control in Cognitive Radio Networks”, 2010 IEEE Vehicular Technology conference: VTC2010- May 2010, Taiwan. (Submitted).
- Cognitive Radio networks (power control and spectrum sensning)
- 3G mobile systems and Capacity and Coverage planning.
- Solar Energy and Photovolatic systems
- Digital Communication systems
- Electromagnetic theories.
- Mathematics and Numerical methods